We are no longer offering this product.The below information is presented for informational purposes only. You may also find similar items in the category.
- FEATURED PRODUCTS
- Solar Panels
- Solar Power Systems
- Productos Solares en Puerto Rico
- Charge Controllers
- Deep Cycle Batteries
- Solar Panel Mounts
- MORE PRODUCTS
- Cables & Wiring
- Enclosures, Electrical & Safety
- Heat Pump Water Heaters
- Inverter Power Panels & PreWired Systems
- Meters, Communications & Site Analysis
- Portable Power Systems
- Solar Water Pumps
- Voltage Converters
- Wind Turbines
- Books & Educational Videos
- * Clearance Sale *
- Hot Deals
Water Miser Vent Cap - Reduces Battery Watering
|Item code||Model number|
NOTE: Check with the battery manufacturer before purchasing these or any watering caps! These caps DO NOT FIT AUTO/TRUCK batteries.
Water-Miser Safety Vent
- The most advanced industrial battery "flip-top" vent cap available today
- Engineered and designed to encompass all areas of concern - ease of inspection and watering, battery-top moisture reduction, electrolyte retention within cells, extended watering intervals.
- Fume-freer environment, as well as flame and/or spark retardant characteristics.
- An injection molded "flip-top" vent-cap addressing areas of safe and efficient maintenance during the routing servicing of industrial, semi-industrial and golf cart batteries.
Typical use is one cap per 2V cell in a battery. For example, the Trojan T-105 battery is a 6V battery with three 2V cells. The cap from each cell is replaced by the Water-Miser Hydrocap.
- There is no need to remove vent caps - just flip open for inspection and watering
- Escaping gases, exiting through the moisture-return medium during the charging cycle, carry fewer electrolyte laden droplets, assuring that cell electrolyte gravities are better maintained.
- Consistency of intended cell voltages and capacity characteristics are ENHANCED.
- Tops of the batteries remain much DRIER.
- Cell to cell and battery to equipment body-grounding is respectively reduced.
- Extended watering intervals are achieved.
- The bayonet quarter-turn design ASSURES PROPER FIT for most US manufactured batteries.
- Orientation of the cover assembly through 360 degree is standard.
- Externally initiated explosions within the battery cell(s) are virtually eliminated due to the incorporation of the flame and/or spark retardant Hydrophobic Cindered Disc.
- The built in Anti-Splash device assures that a minimum of electrolyte is propelled into the immediate area when the Flip-Top is opened for inspections or watering.
- The handling of acid-ladened vent-caps is a thing of the past: just FLIP OPEN, FLIP SHUT - lesser exposure to electrolyte (sulfuric acid) as fumes and/or liquid.
- Its design accommodates most single-cell fillers having nozzle diameters of up to 3/4 inch.
- It does not fit Interstate brand batteries.
- Flip-Top Labor savings, during servicing, versus the standard vent-cap will more than compensate for the costs within the first 6 months.
- There is a 1" clearance above the batteries when the caps are installed.