- FEATURED PRODUCTS
- Solar Panels
- Solar Power Systems
- Battery Backup Solar Power Systems
- Productos Solares en Puerto Rico
- Charge Controllers
- Deep Cycle Batteries
- MORE PRODUCTS
- Cables & Wiring
- Enclosures, Electrical & Safety
- Heat Pump Water Heaters
- Inverter Power Panels & PreWired Systems
- Meters, Communications & Site Analysis
- Portable Power Systems
- Solar Panel Mounts
- Solar Water Pumps
- Voltage Converters
- Wind Turbines
- Books & Educational Videos
- * Clearance Sale *
Water Miser Vent Cap - Reduces Battery Watering
|Item code||Model number|
NOTE: Check with the battery manufacturer before purchasing these or any watering caps! These caps DO NOT FIT AUTO/TRUCK batteries.
Water-Miser Safety Vent
- The most advanced industrial battery "flip-top" vent cap available today
- Engineered and designed to encompass all areas of concern - ease of inspection and watering, battery-top moisture reduction, electrolyte retention within cells, extended watering intervals.
- Fume-freer environment, as well as flame and/or spark retardant characteristics.
- An injection molded "flip-top" vent-cap addressing areas of safe and efficient maintenance during the routing servicing of industrial, semi-industrial and golf cart batteries.
Typical use is one cap per 2V cell in a battery. For example, the Trojan T-105 battery is a 6V battery with three 2V cells. The cap from each cell is replaced by the Water-Miser Hydrocap.
- There is no need to remove vent caps - just flip open for inspection and watering
- Escaping gases, exiting through the moisture-return medium during the charging cycle, carry fewer electrolyte laden droplets, assuring that cell electrolyte gravities are better maintained.
- Consistency of intended cell voltages and capacity characteristics are ENHANCED.
- Tops of the batteries remain much DRIER.
- Cell to cell and battery to equipment body-grounding is respectively reduced.
- Extended watering intervals are achieved.
- The bayonet quarter-turn design ASSURES PROPER FIT for most US manufactured batteries.
- Orientation of the cover assembly through 360 degree is standard.
- Externally initiated explosions within the battery cell(s) are virtually eliminated due to the incorporation of the flame and/or spark retardant Hydrophobic Cindered Disc.
- The built in Anti-Splash device assures that a minimum of electrolyte is propelled into the immediate area when the Flip-Top is opened for inspections or watering.
- The handling of acid-ladened vent-caps is a thing of the past: just FLIP OPEN, FLIP SHUT - lesser exposure to electrolyte (sulfuric acid) as fumes and/or liquid.
- Its design accommodates most single-cell fillers having nozzle diameters of up to 3/4 inch.
- It does not fit Interstate brand batteries.
- Flip-Top Labor savings, during servicing, versus the standard vent-cap will more than compensate for the costs within the first 6 months.
- There is a 1" clearance above the batteries when the caps are installed.
12 water miser caps
I'm looking forward to what these caps can do. I have four 6-volt golf batteries in my motorhome. It is difficult to add distilled water to two of them. Although I don't know
alot yet, I'm hoping that when I check them next summer, they will require little or no water. Thank you.
I use these on three golf carts, which (with the factory caps) have a serious problem with spilling electrolyte from the vents, lowering the SG of the electrolyte, and corroding battery tie-downs.
The only other recommended solution is to underfill the battery cells, but then topping t...
Read the full review
Very good product, in the high desert the batterys need checking twice a week without the battery caps, but with the caps I have not had to add water for 6 weeks, even though I check the batterys every 3 weeks.