Technical Discussion: Other

Have a technical RE question that doesn't fit in our other categories? Looking for some specific advice from others in the RE community? Ask it here!

topics

Subject Started by Replies

charging a deep cycle battery

LAST EDITED ON Aug-12-04 AT 11:35 AM (EST)hi.  here is my situation:  we have a cabin in the mountains of pa whic...
wes doremus 2

Charging a larger Lithium Ion battery with solar

Hello, I’m seeking a solution for charging a 12 volt lithium ion battery while traveling for several weeks at a time....
Mark Stivak 0

Charging Batteries from PV - Balance the Relationship

If I have: (1) 170watt PV running at a net peak of 4 hours per day. how many 105amp hour batteries can I charge ... noth...
Keith Birchfield 7

Charging batteries in parallel w/portable charger

Could someone tell me if using a portable 12V "smart" charger to charge a bank of 12V batteries connected in parallel ...
Dan McAfee 0

Charging Batteries with a battery charger?

I would like to know if it would be possible, to charge my batteries with a ac battery charger when there is no sunlight? Would ...
Luis Velez 0

Charging batteries with generator

LAST EDITED ON Nov-08-05 AT 04:47 PM (EST)Hi,I have a small system in my rural cabin.  2 panels, charge controller, 2 ...
kos kostmayer 0

Charging Batteries with generator problems - suggestions?

I have a fairly simple system, 4 120 Watt kyocera panels running in parellel through an Outback 4500 watt inverter to charge the...
Eric Cox 11

charging battery

can any one tell me approximately the time it would take to charge a 12 volt battery using a 5 watt solar panel? thanks
denis farrmer 1

Charging Forklift Battery

I have a chance to pick up a used forklift battery. I don't have the spec's yet, but let's assume 48 volt 500 amp...
Paul Smith 2

Check My Calculation

I need someone to check my calculation. I am using a 5w 110v bulb thru an inverter. 6hrs a day 7 days a week. Average 4 hrs of s...
Max Schulte 3

Choosing solar modules

Hi, there are a great variety of solar modules in the marketplace.  Can anyone suggest a resource that would help me choose...
Kurt Liebezeit 2

circuit protection of small solar system

I have a solar panel, MorningStar regulator, battery, and inverter in order to run a cash register and scale. Where do I need to...
ann greig 3

Codes in MA about doing home brew hot water on the roof???

I have seen a considerable amount of discussion on some sites that I consider reputable, on how to home-build solar hot-water pa...
Arthur T 2

combiner box breakers?

are breakers required in the combiner box for each panel?  OR can the overload protection be AFTER the combiner box on the ...
James Johnson 4

Combining Grid power and solar power

Hi, I want to install a solar PV system along with grid power such that when there is a deficit of solar energy, I has ...
Tech Guy 8

Combining Sharp 224w panels

Hello; I have 2 Sharp 224w panels that I want to combine voltage on.  Can someone advise me on what I can use for ...
Stephen Hagerman 1

Compact Fluorescent Lamps on Inverters

I'm looking at purchasing an inverter for my cabin and plan on using numerous compact Compact Fluorescent lamps.  Do C...
Jerry Wenzel 2

Complete Knowledge

I would like to know that how many watts/day would be required if we have 5 bedroom house in a hot reigon(I m located in India)....
Majid Syed 1

Components needed for a drip irrigation system

I have 200 pecan trees on a drip irrgation system currently powered with gas pumps.  The water comes from a river about 30&...
Al Green 1

Composting Waste from an RV

Hi everyone, I am looking for info on how to compost the waste from an RV trailer.  We want to use an old one as a...
Linda Strouse 3

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!