Technical Discussion: Other

Have a technical RE question that doesn't fit in our other categories? Looking for some specific advice from others in the RE community? Ask it here!

topics

Subject Started by Replies

Solar well pump prodject

My nephew wanted to learn about solar power so we decided to get the well running off of solar energy. Now to save face in front...
Richard Crews 1

Solar Water System

I am looking for help on a solar hot water system.  Most solar companies will not install them unless you want to buy pv pa...
GregC 2

Solar water pump help needed

Found the only water on my property in the root cellar. Plan to dig down app. 15 ft. and put a well and solar pump. Winters are ...
Dina Sugg 1

Solar Water Heater Problem.

After about 10 years of not running due to the circulation pump being broken, I decided to replace it and get the system going a...
James Miles 2

solar water heater - which type

It is mentioned that if it is too cold, the direct system should not be used and at a minimum a dribble valve should be used....
Scott Howard 2

Solar water energy capacity-calculations

Hello all, What capacity for solar hot water panels should I calculate with? For simplicity, assume perpendicular to su...
Gaston Habets 2

Solar tube lights

How much HEAT comes down the tube along with the light? In addition to venting the room, does an exhaust fan kit help pull some ...
Bill Burgin 0

Solar Tracker/Solar Panel Winter Preparation

I installed a Zomeworks passive solar tracker with a single Kyocera 130 watt solar panel this summer to power a pump in New Hamp...
Howard Hay 1

solar thermal drain down ? relief vlv / vacume brake

my question is i would think there would have to be some kind of vacume break at the top of the collector to be able to drain do...
David Leighow 7

Solar system for workstation computer.

Hello, I’m interested in solar systems but I never did something. Now I like to know if some one can helps me to setup one...
Francisco Ordaz 4

Solar system calculator

Hello I have some questions. Firstly what is the difference between off-grid and on-grid for the calculator? se...
Phil Metzger 3

Solar system

Hiwe're new to all of this and we need to set up a solar power system on a bus/minibus that we're going to live in.  We wan...
clare tremaine 2

solar space heating BTUs

Can someone clarify the output ratings on the SolarSheet and SunMate heaters?  I'm trying to heat an open area that is...
Peter Riebold 5

Solar sensor question

Hello.. I bought a house last year that has an active/closed loop system.  I have finally gotten the darn thing somewhat op...
Dan Jordan 3

Solar recirculating pump system for solar pool heater.

I am new to solar, but I want to put together a system that will circulate water out of and into my pool.  I have made some sol...
Dan Busse 3

solar pumping

My name is Karen.  I have a pond and I am currently using a sump pump to pump excess water in a low spot next to my pond ov...
karen Holasut 4

Solar Powered watering system

I am new to this.  I am wanting to build a solar powered water system that pumps from a small pond and goes about a half a ...
Christopher Bowman 2

solar powered pool pump

Iwould like to use solar panels to power 2 pool pumps 12 hours daily, with an electricity load of 50 kilowatt hours/day. What wo...
cw kaiser 8

Solar powered Low voltage lighting.

I live in south florida and I am interested in setting up solar accent outdoor lighting at my house. I will have a total of 1,00...
Anthony Tatakis 4

Solar Powered DC Water Pump

Hello, I will be traveling to Mina Nigeria next month to replace a gas powered water pump used for irrigation. Here is the scena...
Terry Lewis 3

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!