Technical Discussion: Other

Have a technical RE question that doesn't fit in our other categories? Looking for some specific advice from others in the RE community? Ask it here!

topics

Subject Started by Replies

BZ Products MPPT500 step down voltage

I bought a BZ Products MPPT500 charge controller recently, and it is out in the yard undergoing tests with the PV arrays that I ...
Victor Cozart 14

BZ Products MPPT500HV

Does anyone here have experience with the BZ Products MPPT500 charge controller?  I am getting some behavior that I'm ...
Chris H 4

C 40 Load Dump

DC Diversion ModeC-40 In this mode, all power, which is not used from Air 403 to maintain a full charge on the batteries, is div...
Fernando Claude 6

Cadmium Teluride Solar Panels

Cadmium Teluride Solar Panels - Does anyone know where I can get CdTe Solar Panels?  I found a company that has them, b...
Jack Spamless 15

Calculate number of panels needed

Hello I am trying to create a little excel sheet document that will help me calculate the number of solar panels and ba...
Phil Metzger 1

Calculating KWH

HiHow is the total average KWH for a day from solar panels calculated?I'm assuming... total panels power (4 x 80W) = 320W x no o...
Brian Ellul 7

Can a dedicated solar converter keep the compost from freezing in a year-round composting toilet?

i'm considering installing a composing toilet in my cabin.  i have no electricity and only a woodstove on which to cook and...
Don Christensen 2

can high powered DC blowers powered by solar?

Hi everyone  I am planning to have an air blower of capacity 1500cmh. That to using DC power which is directly gene...
Dare Devils 4

can I add more panels to my systems??

If I add more PV panels would I need more batteries?? I have a 320 watt 12V system. I live in Japan, imported system fro...
Juah Thao 3

Can I Parallel these 2 panels?

running a 12v system I just bought 1 of these http://store.altenergystore.com/Solar-Panels/1-to-50-Watt-Solar-Panel...
James Johnson 2

Can I tie these modules together? ES180 and SW100C

Are these two panels compatible? Evergreen ES180 RL/SL 180W 18V Solar Panel http://www.altestore.com/store/Solar-Pa...
Keith Birchfield 6

Can I use batteries while they're charging?

LAST EDITED ON Apr-19-06 AT 08:49 PM (EST)
Ian Wood 2

Can I use BUS BARS to connect batteries -- NOT cables?

I'm looking at 8 golf cart batteries (6 volt) to be connected into a 12 volt array. Looks like flat copper ba...
Todd Foster 6

Can I use......

Hello all! I am wondering if I can use some spare UPS style batteries that I have on hand (eg. SLA 12-12AH @ 3.6A & SLA...
Steve Wingfield 6

can you get more energy from a solar panel

I was wondering if you can place a magnifing sheet over a solar panel to boost its sun input and would it put out moor power. th...
robert critchley 2

Capacitor across DC input of inverter ???

I saw a picture of an inverter for sale on e-bay. There was a large capacitor installed that was wired across the plu and minus ...
Arcandspark 0

car radio hook up

want to run 12v radio off solar panel.what do I need besides panel and battery? and how big on both?This is all new to me also b...
Ron Hoyt 3

Cb30-Air 30A Breaker for Air Turbnies

How are these circuit breakers mounted? I don't see any "ears" on them.
Mike Answeeney 1

Centering a Wattsun TR-75,single axis solar panel tracker

My solar panel tracker, a Wattsun TR75 single axis, has a new controller,electric eye sensor, and refurbished motor drive, al...
Mark Mandzik 0

CFL bulbs - 12V AC vs. 12V DC

Does anyone know the impact of using 12V DC compact fluorescent bulbs in a 12V AC system (i.e. using the output from a typical l...
Scott Anderson 2

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!