Technical Discussion: Other

Have a technical RE question that doesn't fit in our other categories? Looking for some specific advice from others in the RE community? Ask it here!

topics

Subject Started by Replies

Charge a 24volt battery with two 12 volt chargers???

Might be a stupid question.Can two 12 volt chargers be hooked in series to charge a 24 volt battery. Or for that matter four 12 ...
Paul Smith 5

Charge Controller

I have a off brand charge controller. Rule off thumb if the solar array is disconnected and the battery is connected if I use my...
Max Schulte 3

Charge controller & inverter running at the same time

I have a fundamental confusion/question on how a charge controller and an inverter interact (I'm very new to this). ...
Michael McCandless 6

Charge controller and Diversion Load Controller on the same system?

Hi again all, So, my next project will be to set up a small system that will: a.) charge a battery via PV->...
Ryan Bond 8

charge controller and inverter recomendations

I'm putting together a small'ish system, I already have panels, eight Mitsubishi 125 watt panels (17.3 max volts, 7.23...
Gordon DeBower 2

Charge Controller for Whisper 100 Wind Generator

I installed my Whisper 100 last fall and now the charge controller has gone haywire!  I have contacted Southwest Windpower and ...
Eric F 3

Charge controller needed for mini hydro

Hi, I'm trying out a new Ampair UW100 submersible hydro (12V, up to 8.3A), and not impressed with the manufacturer's c...
Matthew E 6

charge controller question

exactly does a charge controller do?? I ask because if the most important things I need to worry about are charge volta...
Chris Ivers 2

Charge controller recommendation..

I am putting together a small PV/Wind Gen system for a 250 square foot remote cabin. I have calculated my usage and found the Mo...
Micah Shields 4

charge controller settings for ST27DC-180 batteries

I've put together a smallish system, 1000 watts of panels (specs) arranged 2 series strings of 500 watts each, 48 volts, &l...
Gordon DeBower 0

Charge controller voltages

My PV bank is 16 Kyocera KC158 G with a Vmp rating at 23.2 volts. That is hooked to a Xantrex SW 4024 the system is grid tied an...
Dennis M 0

charge controller with Ametek permanent magnet motor

Hello,I am putting together a microhydro system using a 20V Ametek permanent magnet motor with a waterwheel. I need a charge con...
joe wood 0

charge controllers

what are charge controllers used for. i am a little new. do they prevent the electricity from the battery going back intoto the ...
Nathan Plass 2

Charge controllers and Equalization

which controllers have an equalization feature ? Is it necessary ??
James Gannon 1

Charge Settings for Flooded Lead Acid Batteries

I have my cabin inverter system set up and running temporarily at my house.  It consists of a Xantrex Prosine 2kW inverter ...
Jerry Wenzel 1

Charger and monitor power draw

Hi I am designing a system for power requirements and understand my load requirement but I cannot seem to find power require...
Gerry M 1

Charger Controller for Sanyo Panels

What would be a good charge controller match for 3 Sanyo 200W HIP panels?  My battery bank would be 24V after reading on he...
Sam H. 1

Charger for Li-ion battery pack

I have a 140 watt-hour Li-ion battery pack that I use to recharge/power my digital camera and GPS in the field.  The pack r...
Scott Stewart 0

Charger won't turn on

Ok basically I have a trimetric battery monitor, and a Solar boost Blue Sky, MPPT charge controller, what is occurring daily is ...
Keven Cabra 2

Charging 200 Amp-hr battery with solar panel

I need help on the size of solar panel to use on my system with following configuration; 12 volt system 200 Amp-hr ...
Usman Kazaure Abdullahi 1

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!