Technical Discussion: Other

Have a technical RE question that doesn't fit in our other categories? Looking for some specific advice from others in the RE community? Ask it here!

topics

Subject Started by Replies

Computer/Monitor

I'm looking into powering a computer and monitor for about 12 hours of daily use. My tower has a 300 Watt power supply (Im runni...
jack 0

Concentrating Regular PV's

I'd expect this has come up before, but is there some info available on how much extra sunlight you can pump onto any of th...
Bob Fiske 8

Confusion about solar connections.

I have some Sharp 167 nd-u3 panels. I could use 2 more in my string. Can,t find any as they have been discontinued. I found some...
Victor Snodgrass 1

Connecting batteries up

Here's what I have, 5 x 110Ah batteries connected plus to plus and minus to minus - keeping the bank at 12V. &...
Steve M 16

Connecting Hybrids

How do you connect hybrid systems, such as a wind turbine and solar panels.  I know you have a charge controller for each g...
Paul Kavan 1

Connecting to AET piping

Just recieved two shiny new AET solar panels.  The instructions with the panel state that there is a "nipple" con...
Lawrence Lile 5

connecting turbine to solar

I have a solar system set up for 24v.  I want to add a 12v air-x turbine into the system.  (I already have the turbine...
Rhett Fouraker 2

Connecting two solar panels to a single charge controller

Hi! I am to connect 2 solar panels to a Morningstar Prostar Ps-30M 30A charge controller. The Solar panels are...
Fredrik E 0

Connecting two solar panels to a single charge controller

Is is possible to connect 2 solar panels to a  30A charge controller. The Solar panels are both 12 but one is 80W ...
Dare Devils 2

Connector Confusion Don't want to mix up polarity

I'm confused. I am wiring two panels in series. I have the panels connected together however I understand I need to wire th...
Ann Byers 5

Conserving Gas, Alternative Energy, Solar Energy, Wind Energy Kwh/gal,MJ/gal

Check out this workbook my brother just wrote (I got the beauty he got the brains LOL) It covers everything from how to measure ...
Sh JA 0

Considering Solar/Wind systems

I live in the upper midwest and am considering solar/wind systems to help heat/cool my home.  I am unsure how to proceed. &...
Terri Ayers 2

Controller battery voltage cutoff

For reference at what battery voltage in general does most charge controller stop charging at? I live were it is easy to have on...
Max Schulte 4

Controller for operating loads both with solar and ordinary power

Hi all! Can I operate my loads by using both solar and grid power at a time? That means if my load require 500...
Tech Guy 9

Controller fuse burns

I have an off-grid system. Two 103W (104?)Evergreen panels, each running to its own Condumex (i live in Mexico) controller. Duri...
George Anna clark 14

controller setting

I currently have a charge controller that goes into a trickle charge float mode at 13.7 volts . At the end of the day my bat...
Rene M 1

convert a lantern that has no electrical to solar lighting

On our cottage we have 3 lanterns about 18 inches long and about 6 inches wide at the widest part and narrow down a point at the...
Mary Forbes 0

Converting a regular heat tape (gutter ice) to work off a 15W Solar Collector?

I am a solar newbie, experimenting with a Northern Industrial Tools High Wattage Solar Panel – 15 Watt. I would like ...
Joe DeBottis 0

Converting from AC generator to DC storage or better ideas welcome

I own an off-grid resort and working ranch in Costa Rica.  Currently we generate all our power using a 3 X 24amp old AEG ge...
Juan Sostheim 5

Cranking and deep cycle batteries

Hi, I recently connected my PV array to my house. I am using 4 8D batteries but they are the cranking type. What I want...
Jorge Rodriguez 1

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!