Technical Discussion: Other

Have a technical RE question that doesn't fit in our other categories? Looking for some specific advice from others in the RE community? Ask it here!

topics

Subject Started by Replies

Detecting and Remedying a Phantom Load on Battery Bank

I have a 48V battery bank of 16 Trojan L16s (2 banks of 8 batteries connected in parallel), off-grid, serviced by 3600W solar an...
Dave B 7

AC amps - DC amps

Hello all, I've been trying to wrap my head around a couple of things lately and was hoping someone could shed som...
Dave C 10

Off Grid Propane Fired Radiant Heat

Hello All, I'm in the process of hooking up my radiant heat system for my off grid home and had a couple of questions.&...
Dave C 5

How to increase electric output

Iwould like to know how to increase electric output on a micro-hydro system. What are the variables? Magnet strengh, size, size ...
Dave Diaz 1

windpower generators

I am looking for the best price on a new complete package windmill that will produce app.400,000 kw a year in an ar...
Dave Graybeal 0

Non-matching PVModules

Can you connect different size modules to a charge controller. I have one 80W and one 40W and each is protected by a diode, and ...
dave gundlatch 2

Generator charge to battery question

Hi everyone, I'm new here and have some questions. Please help me. 1. Can I connect the  Inverter 25...
Dave Ng 1

What exactly to buy to run TV.

Hi everyone, I'm really new to the whole alt energy scene, but I'd like to run my 20" 75w TV off solar. ...
Dave Rigotti 12

XW Hybrid Inverter

I see the Xantrex hybrid inverter says it is a inverter and charger.  In the manual it shows the system with and without th...
David A 1

XW inverter/charger network

The XW manual shows a network connection.  Is this just for the XW remote control station or is this by some chance an info...
David A 0

PV array

What is the most common point of failure for a photovoltaic system.  PV panel? connection point? PV panel?  wiring? &#...
David A 6

timer and photocell for 12 volt applications

can any body out there give me info on where to find a timer or photocell that will work on 12 volts? most info I get assume use...
David Butterfield 3

Mis-matched batteries

Battery Question: Preliminaries: 1. Location: Eastern VT, Cabin located at 3000' Elevation 2. Consumption:...
David Comeau 4

Battery charge life

I am new to RE but I have a problem that I would appreciate some insight on. I have a small 200-300 watt wind turbine hooked dir...
David Day 2

Upgrading an off-grid hydro system

I have a hydro system with a 23kW Marathon 240VAC generator (8" pipe, about 200 or 250 ft drop), but it uses too much water...
David Doshay 0

battery supply to transfer switch

I am not sure if this is feasible, but I have a 6 circuit manual transfer switch with a 240 volt plug that I use with my generat...
David Jacobs 1

solar thermal drain down ? relief vlv / vacume brake

my question is i would think there would have to be some kind of vacume break at the top of the collector to be able to drain do...
David Leighow 7

Enphase inverters?

Just found there advertisement and see the up side to get things to AC power as fast as possible. Has anyone tyred this type of ...
David O 3

Generator Start Module wiring

Greetings - I have purchased a new Generac 10Kw(LP) Standby Generator to hook up to my offgrid Re system. I have a Xantrex inver...
David Rudell 4

Difference Between Polycrystalline and Multicrystalline

First off, total noob here. Yall are gonna love me or hate me so you might as well start picking a side. LOL Anywho, I ...
David Shuemake 2

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!