Technical Discussion: Other

Have a technical RE question that doesn't fit in our other categories? Looking for some specific advice from others in the RE community? Ask it here!

topics

Subject Started by Replies

battery temperature & distance questions

I live in the upper midwest at Illinois / Wisconsin border. we have some rough winters on occasion with heavy snowfall. ...
James Johnson 3

Beat Global Warming with Artificial Trees

Artificial trees can be used to cut down carbon dioxide emission and helps to maintain stable green environment. It is necessary...
Robert Mathew 2

Been reading and thinking but can't seem to find an answer

x
Mark Osborne 8

Beginner questions...want to start small.

Hi all, I'm new here, and just wanting to start dabbling in solar/battery backup applications. I figure m...
Steve H 7

Best Insulation for Solar Hot Water Piping

I am currently installing a used Reynolds solar hot water system that was given to me.  The 3/4" Rubatex insulation ha...
Ryan Williamson 2

Best racking solution for wooden shingles?

Any advice or reccomendations on a PV racking solution that would work well for a pitched roof with wooden (cedar) shingles? ...
James Hasselbeck 3

Best Roof Flush Mount System

I am going to buy a roof flush mount system for my solar panels.  What brand has the best quality and other features? ...
Parker Jardine 0

Best tradeoff for panel placement on an RV

I just bought a BP 75W panel and Solar Boost 2000E controller for a small (22') trailer.  The battery is at the front. &nbs...
Steve Zalewski 1

Best way to wire pannels

I have 4 BP 3115 panels to use on a 24 volt inverter would it be better to wire 2 in series and then parallel them so that I hav...
Alex Bruni 1

bicycle solar panels

I am preparing for a solo cross country bicycle trip beginning June 1. The route will follow the Lewis and Clark Trail from Asto...
Tony Baltes 1

blade dimensions for a wincharger 1222

Hello, I have an old 12V/200W Wincharger (1222 model) with 2 blades made out of one piece of wood (diameter being 72&qu...
Bert Van Hoye 8

Blue Sky Energy's Solar boost 50DL

I am just a beginner... I assembled 2 100W solar panel...specs: VoC- 25V IsC - 4A I wired these panels in parallel with ...
Glenndie Gigante 3

Bogart Trimetric and MK 105ah AGM batteries

Hello, I have 4 105ah AGM batteries for a total of 420 amp hour capacity. I also have a Trimetric TM-2020 Batt...
Keith Birchfield 5

breaker & fuse sizing for panels

Hello, New to this forum and just ordered the  Photovoltaics: Design & Install Manual. While I'm waiting ...
James Johnson 2

Breaker size for KC130 panels

The data sheet for the KC130M panels that I downloaded says to use 12 amp breakers in the combiner box which is what I ordered.&...
Jerry D 1

Building a new home in Ariel, WA - need spec recommendations

I am building a home in Ariel WA where we have sun January through October. I need help designing the system. The home is 3600 s...
Donald Clifford 3

Buying components for flexible design

I have a general question about components for a very small PV system, but soon to be a 1KW system.... When I will buil...
James J 5

Bying a farm in the country, Puerto Rico.

Need some advise in what kind of wind turbine i need for my farm, dont have any electricity from the city. In my old house i use...
Maria Gontan 3

Bypass Diodes / Do I need them?

The Solar Panel Manufacturer states the following in their documentation "It is recommended that Bypass Diodes be installed, esp...
Chris_H 2

BZ MPPT500 reaches float state at 13.3VDC

My BZ MPPT500 comes to float state as soon as the battery bank reaches 13.3VDC, and the led turns red. I tried to adjust the...
Lesly Dumont 0

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!