Technical Discussion: Other

Have a technical RE question that doesn't fit in our other categories? Looking for some specific advice from others in the RE community? Ask it here!

topics

Subject Started by Replies

Battery chargers and solar controllers

My question to anyone is I have a sunguard-4 controller. My solar set up is small but works for basement lights. I have a aux ge...
Max Schulte 1

Will the Air X give me hot water?

Hi all, I am new here so excuse me if I post irrelevant questions wrong places. I live in a windy spot in Denmark and ...
Hans Lichtenberg 1

amp meter

Hi I hooked up my Air X 400 w turbine as per the instructions into a battery bank and seemed good to go. However, when the t...
Norman Toevs 1

Disconnect wind generator at tower

I am a little confused about what I can disconnect when power is being generated. During lighting storms can I disconnect the br...
Donald Bodda 1

one I hain't NAER heard of....

Righto. I've got a few miles under me.  However, This is one that downright outright stumps me.  Buddy on a neigh...
J. Chris Cloud 1

batteries needed

Im looking at a house that is off the grid right now it uses propane for lights an refrigeration and a diesel as nessesary for e...
Wayne Kobe 1

Lightning protection

I was over on the store site and I need a little help. What if anything can I use to protect my inverter from a ground lighting ...
Max Schulte 1

Need Help

Hello, My father and i own a nursery in nassau bahamas. We are expanding our plant propogation facilities and have just boug...
Anthony Thompson 1

Turbine controller display issues

I have just setup a whisper 200 on a 50ft tower.  I have hooked up the controller c/w display and have a concern.  My ...
Owen Terry 1

solar light conversion for electric outdoor light fixture

Does anyone know where to find the hardware or a kit for solar light conversion? thanks.
Steve Hi 1

battery equalization

I am looking for some documentation or other solid info on the calculations needed for advanced programing of my Outback Mate. M...
Ron Hardwick 1

Grid Tie Solar system

Hello. . .   I am researching a Grid Tie Solar system - no batteries.  I have selected the PV array - 24Vdc/20...
Jack Spamless 1

Battery AH Confusion

Quick question that have been wondering about, I have a 12V battery, but I forgot the exact specs of the battery that w...
Ian Williams 1

Unintereupted power when switching between generator and inverter

Hello, I am designing systems to be used in buidings on the property I manage, and have become a little confused regard...
Shawn Insall 1

How far to drain batteries

hey, kinda confused here. in a battery bank set-up, if its being charged and discharged regularly, how far should it be allowed ...
Ian Williams 1

XW Hybrid Inverter

I see the Xantrex hybrid inverter says it is a inverter and charger.  In the manual it shows the system with and without th...
David A 1

batter charging

if i wire two 12v batteries in series to produce 24v at the end connection. do i need to produce 12v or 24v from my wind turbine...
Nathan Plass 1

Is a free Reynolds solar hot water system worth installing?

I have just been offered a free hot water system that I am considering installing on my house.  The system was installed in...
Ryan Williamson 1

Xantrex series C60 wiring

I,m new here , but have been reading some of the post for a while. I've built my own wind turbine and have used se...
Karl T 1

how many amps

how many amps should my wind turbine motor produce. is there an ideal amp or does it matter. also if i do not have enough amps i...
Nathan Plass 1

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!