Technical Discussion: Other

Have a technical RE question that doesn't fit in our other categories? Looking for some specific advice from others in the RE community? Ask it here!

topics

Subject Started by Replies

water heating panels, tanks.. last=years

Alternate Energy Technologies BRAND last how long and what grade would they be rated? How long do these tanks and pumps last? I ...
Chris Anda 0

Very New to Solar

I have an above ground pool with a pump to filter it. The pump data panel says: HZ: 60 Volts: 115 Amps: 12 ...
Chris Breslin 4

PLEASE HELP 22 POWER SOURCES

i have a system where i have 22 AC power sources. i think i can get them to DC using rectifiers but not tottaly sure. the source...
Chris Chapman 2

Grid Parallel Inverter

I am wanting to install a 2 - 3kW system in my home. I live in Mississippi, and currently the power company does not allow for n...
Chris Dorsey 4

Determine Charge Controller Watt Rating at Nom Batt Voltage

Good morning, In order to determine the number of charge controllers required for my system, I need to divide the Max Watts...
Chris Gr 4

Wind noise and vibration of wind generators roof mounted

I am thinking of mounting a couple of AIR X (marine version) on the roof of my house which is wooden with a steel roof. I ha...
Chris Harris 6

BZ Products MPPT500HV

Does anyone here have experience with the BZ Products MPPT500 charge controller?  I am getting some behavior that I'm ...
Chris H 4

Parallel wiring of multiple panels...

Hello, I need some advice on the best way to wire 8 panels in parallel.  I have 8 Kaneka's and will feed the ...
Chris H 7

charge controller question

exactly does a charge controller do?? I ask because if the most important things I need to worry about are charge volta...
Chris Ivers 2

Grid Backup For PV System

I'm building a system to run a 30 watt pump and some LED lights for a Koi pond. It needs to run 24/7 or else fish will suff...
Chris Kreymann 6

House clocks losing time...

Having a weird thing happen. Running Xantrex XW6048, finding that certain clocks in the house are losing time. Not flashing out ...
Chris Potts 10

Anyone using Hydro? How, with what,I'm lookin @ water baby

Would a water baby work off my well? Could i use solar to power my well pump ? I'm Interested in how others are worki...
Chris Rhees 2

Debugging a failed RV solar system

Hi, I purchased an RV Kit from altE store 4 years ago, comprising 2 80W panels, and a BZ240 charge controller. THe inst...
Chris Tann 9

Xanterx XW ,,,,,How to add another battery bank?

First off, I have 16 agm 6volt 200 ah batteries wired in a 24vdc bank 800 amp hrs total, all connected to a 4024 xw system. ...
Chris T 0

Which solar water pump

I couldn't find the questionaire, so I'll pst it here.  I live in Thailand, working for a sustainable living comm...
Christian Shearer 3

Solar Powered watering system

I am new to this.  I am wanting to build a solar powered water system that pumps from a small pond and goes about a half a ...
Christopher Bowman 2

6 panels 7a ea. 26v 48 volt bat bank 3 on 1 24v 3 on other

here my question: i have setup right now 2 sw4048 8 werker 31mdc batteries ,2 parallel going into a series (cross tied) to make ...
Christopher Owens 1

Bypass Diodes / Do I need them?

The Solar Panel Manufacturer states the following in their documentation "It is recommended that Bypass Diodes be installed, esp...
Chris_H 2

Battery charger on Air-X system

Had seen something on this in the forums before..darned if I can find it again! We have an AIR-X 400w 12v system on the...
Chuck Manos 1

Need help with Solar water heating,Collectors

Hello I live near Canada where we get -30 during winter. I have A indirect hot water heater,in conjunction with home hot w...
Chuck Smith 1

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!