We are no longer offering this product.The below information is presented for informational purposes only. You may also find similar items in the category.
- 2019 Solar Installer Conference
- FEATURED PRODUCTS
- Solar Panels
- Solar Power Systems
- Battery Backup Solar Power Systems
- Puerto Rico Solar Products
- Charge Controllers
- Deep Cycle Batteries
- MORE PRODUCTS
- Cables & Wiring
- Enclosures, Electrical & Safety
- Heat Pump Water Heaters
- Inverter Power Panels
- Meters, Communications & Site Analysis
- Portable Power Systems
- Refrigerators & Freezers
- Solar Panel Mounts
- Solar Water Pumps
- Voltage Converters
- Wind Turbines
- * Clearance Sale *
Grid-Tie 5.4kW Solar Power System with Microinverters
|Item code||Brand name||Model number|
|KITONGRID5.4ENP||AltE||Grid-Tie 5.4kW System|
See our video on how to use our Grid Tie Solar Calculator:
How much solar do I need for a 2000 square foot home?
5.4kW Grid Tie System
With Enphase Microinverters
If you're looking to install a solar power system on your home, to reduce your electric bill, these grid tie systems are a great place to start. So how much power are you currently using on a monthly basis? You'll need to look at your bill to find out. That will tell you how many kilowatt-hours (kWh) you are using each month. Then you simply plug that average monthly number into our Grid Tie Calculator, and off you go! Again, the video to the right will step you through this very simple process.
Now, for the Grid Tie System that we put together for you here - how much power will you get from this system on average, each month? Take a look on map below and find where you live.
|5.4kW Grid Tie Kit Includes:|
|Part Number||Item Description||Quantity|
|SOW300SW300MWOB||SolarWorld 300 Watt Solar Panel||18|
|MIDMNPV6DISCOAC||MNPV6 Disco AC Micro Combiner Box||1|
|MIDMNEAC20-2P||MNEAC20 20amp AC Two Pole Din Rail Breaker||2|
|GENSR-1HOLE3/4||3/4" Single Hole Strain Relief||2|
|MIDMNSPD-300||Solar Surge Protection Device 300VDC/AC||1|
|ENPM250-72MC4||Enphase M250 Microinverter for 60/72 Cell Modules||18|
|ENPET-240PORT||Engage Cable 240VAC, 40", Portrait Orientation||18|
|ENPET-TERM-1||Enphase Micro Branch Terminator||2|
|ENPET-CLIP-10||Enphase Micro Cable Clips, 10pk||2|
|ENPET-DISC-01||Enphase Micro Disconnect Tool||1|
|ENPENVOY-S||Enphase Envoy-S Gateway||1|
|SQUDU221RB||Square D DU221RB 30A 240VAC Unfused Disconnect||1|
|SQUPK3GTA1||Square D Ground Kit PK3GTA1||1|
|BURBIBS43||Burndy Multiple Wire Terminal||1|
|TWOXR100168A||IronRidge XR100 14' Rail, Clear||4|
|TWOXR100204A||IronRidge XR100 17' Rail, Clear||4|
|TWOXR100-SPLCBD||Bonded Splice Kit for XR-100 Rails||4|
|TWOXR100CAP||End Cap for XR-100 Rails - Pair||4|
|TWOUFOCL001B||IronRidge XR Universal Clamp, Black, 4pk||10|
|TWOUFOSTP33MMB||IronRidge XR Stopper Sleeve, 33MM, Black, 4pk||2|
|TWOGDLUG003||XR Grounding Lug w/Hardware, 2pk||1|
|TWOFLASHFOOT2||IronRidge FlashFoot 2, Mill, 4pk||8|
|TWOFF2SQUARE||Square Bonding Hardware, FlashFoot 2, 4pk||8|
|TWOMICROKIT||Mounting Hardware Kit for Micros||9|
|HLRDCCONDUCT||NEC Label: DC Conductors May Be Energized||2|
|HLRWESHLBL17||NEC Label: Electric Shock Hazard||3|
|HLRCSCIRLBL||NEC Label: Caution Solar Circuit, 5pk||1|
|HLRAC2011||NEC Label: AC Module Rating||1|
|HLRLAM1||Clear Over Laminate for NEC Labels||1|
|HLRACDISCT||NEC Label: Photovoltaic AC Disconnect||1|
|HLRPOWSRC17||NEC Label: Warning Power Source Output||1|
* To take a look at technical spec pages, installation manuals, warranty information, etc. click on each item in the chart to go to that Spec Page.
Components of this 5.4kW Grid Tie Solar Power System:
altE's Solar Power Systems include the major components needed for a solar installation. Since each installation is unique, some parts/materials will need to be purchased separately to satisfy the needs of your specific project and local regulations.
1. Photovoltaic Modules (aka solar panels, solar electric panels)
The PV modules are the individual building blocks for providing power from the sun. They are typically made from silicon cells, glass, tedlar, and aluminum. Solar Panels can vary in type, size, shape, and color. The common nominal voltages for panels are 20V and 24V, in order to accomodate the voltage windows of grid tie inverters.
2. Racking/Mounting System for Solar Panels
The mounting system for the solar panels includes the hardware to permanently affix the array to either a roof, a pole, or the ground. These systems are typically made of aluminum and are customized to the mounting surface and the model of module used. It is important to consider distance from roof for flush-type roof mount installations. Restricting airflow under the modules results in higher module operating temperatures that reduce power output. With pole mounts wind loading must be considered and proper civil works must be done with the foundation for the pole as well as the possible addition of supplementary wind supports for the array frame.
3. Combiner Box
A combiner box is an electrical box where series strings of solar panels are then spliced in parallel. This is also the place where the PV series string fuses or circuit breakers are located. This allows the installer to bring the separate strings together and combine them into one positive and one negative conductor, change wire types and leave the area of the modules in conduit. They are usually outside and weather rated, so they can be right next to the array.
4. DC and AC Disconnects
The DC and AC disconnects are manual switch units that are capable of cutting off power to and from the inverter. Some inverters have disconnects integrated into the unit with switches, others can have them integrated into a power panel assembly, and some inverters leave you on your own to provide suitable disconnecting means. The disconnects are used by service personnel or authorized persons (fire/police/electric workers) to disable power from a renewable energy system (in this case PV) so that there are no live electrical parts associated with the inverter, and that no current is going to the grid that could harm utility employees in the event that they are working in your area. Homeowners or authorized personnel can use the disconnects to de-energize a system for maintenance or service.
5. Grid Tie Inverter (Micro Inverter)
The grid tie inverter is the device that takes the energy that the photovoltaic system produces in DC current form and turns it to AC current that is then sent (sold) to the electric grid. These inverters typically have a voltage input range from 100 to 500 volts DC and they convert it into 120 volts AC, 240 volts AC, or 208 volts AC. These inverters are especially sophisticated devices that must conform to special regulations in order to tie into the utility. When the power goes out in your area, it is important to know that the grid tie inverter will not allow power to be sold back to the grid. This is done to prevent electric utility workers from being injured or killed by working on power lines they thought were de-energized. When the power goes out, your power will go out as well. A grid tie inverter will not resume normal operations until the utility grid has established standard conditions for 5 straight minutes within strict parameters.
There are benefits to having a system layout with many small inverters (micro inverters) instead of a single large inverter (string inverter). First, it gives the system reliability by not having a single point of failure. If a module or an inverter is having an issue, it only affects the output of one module, as opposed to the entire system. In a single large inverter system, if one solar module is being shaded, it negatively affects the output of other modules in the system. The micro-inverter decentralizes this so that if one module is being shaded, the output of that particular module is the only one that will drop.
See our video on the different grid tie inverters, and the benefits of the Microinverter:
This item is a package made up of the following components. Please call to speak to a sales representative to learn about other options which may be available.
- 18 x SolarWorld 300 Watt Solar Panel, Sunmodule SW300 Mono
- 1 x Midnite Solar MNPV6 Disconnect/Combiner Box, AC
- 2 x Midnite Solar MNEAC20 20amp AC two pole Din Rail Breaker
- 2 x 3/4 in. Single Hole Strain Relief
- 1 x Midnite Solar Surge Protection Device 300VDC and 120/240 VAC
- 2 x M215 Branch Terminator (quantity 1)
- 2 x Enphase Micro Cable Clips, Packs of 10
- 1 x Square D DU221RB 30A 240VAC Unfused Disconnect
- 1 x Square D Ground Kit pk3gta1
- 1 x Burndy Products BIBS4-3 Multiple Wire Terminal, Clear
- 4 x Ironridge XR-100 Rail, 14 Foot Section, Clear
- 4 x Ironridge XR-100 Rail, 17 Foot Section, Clear
- 4 x IronRidge XR-100 Bonded Splice Kit
- 4 x Ironridge End Cap for XR-100 Rails - Pair (Left/Right)
- 10 x IronRidge Universal Fastening Object (UFO), Black 4pk
- 2 x IronRidge XR Stopper Sleeve, 33MM, Black, 4pk
- 1 x IronRidge XR Grounding Lug w Hardware, 2 pk
- 8 x Clear (Mill) IronRidge FlashFoot 2 Flashing Kit, 4 Pack
- 8 x Bonding Hardware, Square, for FlashFoot 2 and L Foot, 4pack
- 9 x IronRidge Microinverter Bonding Hardware Kit, TBolt, 2pk
- 2 x NEC 2011 Compliant Label: DC Conductors May Be Energized
- 3 x NEC 2017 Compliant Label: Warning - Electrical Shock Hazard
- 5 x NEC 2011 Compliant Label: Photovoltaic Power Source Label
- 1 x NEC 2011 Compliant Label: AC Module Rating Label
- 1 x NEC 2011 Compliant Label: Clear Over-Laminate for Rating Labels
- 1 x NEC 2011 Compliant Label: Photovoltaic AC Disconnect Label
- 1 x NEC 2017 Compliant Label: Warning - Power Source - Do Not Relocate
There are no reviews for this product.