Solar Jobs at altE Store
Are you looking to be part of an established, growing, fun, e-commerce, solar company passionate about renewable energy products, services, and education? Are you reliable and good at solving problems? Do you enjoy creating solutions quickly for others? We are looking for someone just like you! Check out our company video to see why altE Store is one of the best solar companies to work for!
To apply for a position, please submit your résumé to [email protected]
Solar Job Openings:
The job descriptions below are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do the job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
altE is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the Company to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. The Company will conform to the spirit as well as the letter of all applicable laws and regulations. The Company will take action to employ, advance in employment and treat qualified Vietnam era veterans and disabled veterans without discrimination in all employment practices.
Note: External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.
Reports to: Controller
Job type: Full-time
FSLA status: Exempt
Location: Boxborough, MA
The Staff Accountant maintains and controls the General Ledger accounts and business transactions of the organization, applying the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) that includes analytical work and thorough review of financial records.
- 3-5 years of accounting experience (accounting operations and/or audit)
- Degree in Accounting or Finance
Duties & Responsibilities
The major tasks and duties of the job include but are not limited to:
- Assisting the other accountants and staff with the day-to-day, monthly and year-end operations of the Accounting Department
- Performing the processing and recording of accounts payable transactions and ensuring that all invoices and staff reimbursements are paid accurately and in accordance with policies and procedures
- Managing the processing of cash receipts, recording of revenue and receivables, and working closely with the Customer Services and Sales Teams to ensure that revenues and receivables in Everest (our ERP system) are reconciled at any given time
- Reviewing and processing AMEX Expense reports and receipts submitted by cardholders on monthly basis
- Performing the processing of monthly accruals, amortization of prepaid expenses, fixed assets depreciation and recording of adjusting and reclassification journal entries, if necessary
- Preparing and analyzing the monthly budget/forecast to actual variance reports
- Performing general accounts analysis and reconciliations, including bank statements, fixed assets, employer’s benefit costs, accruals, and prepaid expenses
- Assisting in the preparation of financial reports such as financial statements, budget performance, and interim financial reporting
Skills & Competencies
- Monitor and collect data to assess accuracy and integrity; analyze data; ensure compliance with applicable standards (i.e. GAAP) and systems of internal control; interpret and evaluate results, prepare documentation; create financial reports and/or presentations
- Knowledge of Everest Accounting system is a plus
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload in order to meet deadlines
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Be able to demonstrate attention to details and good record-keeping
- Hands-on, detail-oriented tasks
- Team player and can collaborate with other teams in the organization
- High level of interpersonal skills with demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy
- Demonstrate a proficient level of professional skill and/or knowledge in accounting and keep current with developments and trends. Knowledge and ability to use applicable information technology and systems to meet work needs.
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal - with the ability to clearly communicate issues to all levels of management
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.