- FEATURED PRODUCTS
- Solar Panels
- Solar Power Systems
- Productos Solares en Puerto Rico
- Charge Controllers
- Deep Cycle Batteries
- Solar Panel Mounts
- MORE PRODUCTS
- Cables & Wiring
- Enclosures, Electrical & Safety
- Heat Pump Water Heaters
- Inverter Power Panels & PreWired Systems
- Meters, Communications & Site Analysis
- Portable Power Systems
- Solar Water Pumps
- Voltage Converters
- Wind Turbines
- Books & Educational Videos
- * Clearance Sale *
Outback SkyBox 5048A Pre-Wired Inverter System
|Item code||Brand name||Model number||Volts||Watts||Waveform|
NEW! Outback Power SkyBox 5kW AC output inverter, is their most flexible system yet! SkyBox allows you to enjoy the benefits of a grid-tied PV system with the independence of an off-grid system. This system is for anyone who needs backup power or protection from utility rate changes. SkyBox can take up to 6,000 watts of DC input power from solar panels through two 3kW/600Vdc inputs. It will then generate up to 5,000 watts of standard 240V AC output power. Outback's OPTICS RE monitoring is always in view on the LED display, or anywhere with an internet connection. Compatible with the latest battery technologies like lithium, SkyBox is highly flexible - so you can use grid-tied solar today, then add batteries at a later time, and go off the grid completely. SkyBox redefines simplicity, intelligence, flexibility and control.
SkyBox Hybrid Inverter
- Time-Of-Use Optimization - serve loads from PV 1st, then use least expensive power available (ie. from Grid or Battery)
- Self Consumption - serve loads from PV 1st (PV production is automatically adjusted to match load). Also ensures no power flow to the Grid if Export is prohibited.
- Backup Power - Check this out! If the Grid goes down, and there are no batteries yet installed, it does not shut down. It will throttle back to support the critical loads, direct from the PV.
- Net Metering with Battery Backup - excess PV generation is sold back to the Grid when available
- Basically, with the data you input, SkyBox determines the most appropriate/lowest cost energy source and chooses it for you!
- NEW! Parallel Stacking with 2 SkyBoxes - for a system that will produce up to 40 amps at 240VAC, and 10kW of power!
- Grid-Interactive and Stand alone capability in the same package - can be used with or without energy storage
- High PV voltage input allows for long strings
- Easy and fast to install - no external components - all in one box
- Simple one-finger navigation on front of unit, or connect from your mobile device for remote monitoring via OpticsRE
- Works with the widest variety of 48V battery chemistries - from lead acid to lithium (and 48V systems are easier for permitting)
- Compliant with California rule 21 and Hawaii 14H grid support requirements
- Backup power (even use the Grid as backup!) and support for time-of-use optimization
- Generator support
- Field-upgradeable software with remote support
- NEMA 3R enclosure for indoor or outdoor installation with protection from the elements
- Fully NEC compliant (N. America) with rapid shutdown
- 5 Year Warranty (Extended 10 Year Warranty available)
Outback SkyBox 5048A Hybrid Inverter review
On January I ordered an Outback SkyBox 5048A Hybrid Inverter. I thought this would be the perfect inverter for my solar project. When I first started the system up I was rewarded with a PV fault low voltage. I was supplying it with two parallel strings of 6 panels each producing 288 vdc feed thru...
Read the full review