Technical Discussion: Other

Have a technical RE question that doesn't fit in our other categories? Looking for some specific advice from others in the RE community? Ask it here!

topics

Subject Started by Replies

"Off Grid" refrigeration

Recently I purchased an EZ-Freeze 19 cubic foot refeigerator/freezer. Here is some of the math that led to our decision.Danby - ...
Thomas Allen Schmidt 0

Lakota "900W" turbine mounting

I wonder if anyone can tell me what pipe size is required to mount one of the subject turbines on.  It looks like I should ...
tom doyle 6

outback mx-60

I am thinking of replacing my Solar Boost 50 with an Outback MX 60 so I can run 48v from my panels to my 12v bank rather then 24...
Brock Neverman 1

Question about Solar Panels Mounting

I'm working on designing a small (~1.5kW) solar system that will help "turn back the clock" on my meter.I have a garage wall (no...
Dmitry Aniskovich 1

Wind Turbines..

Hello,I have a couple questions about wind turbines. I'm considering the Whisper 500.Are there towers for wind turbines that don...
Richard Northrop 2

Install solar panels

I have 3 panels 64 watt ea, 2 unisolar & 1 solarex. 12 volt system. how do I wire panels to J-box located about 20" from first p...
Bill Palmer 0

home made wind power genarator

i need some input, building a wind mill using a 12V alternator as a genarator to power a 12Volt batt. i live in a small island r...
mari nieto 25

Possible solutions?

I am doing a project for my senior design class and had some questionsabout solar products.  I need to design with my group...
Scott Rothgeb 1

Battery bank calculation

Hi,  In the calculators on the web that I've seen used to compute the number of batteries needed in a battery bank, all cal...
Ed Mansky 2

Alternators

I'm sure someone has thought of this already, but is there any way for an alternator (like the ones found in most cars) to be po...
Brad Carter 3

Which site....

We recently purchased a wind turbine with a free standing 100 foot tower.  This will be a grid tie application and as I was...
Dawn Buxton 2

micro turbine

Conceptually, would it be possible/economical to generate electricity from a large irrigation system.I have a 3" water main (pur...
Steve Rhodes 10

Solar energy

I have been asked to draw up a plan for a farm on Savanna land in tropical Africa. The land is extensive and I even wonder about...
Peter Gardiner 0

Battery Brand & Model Recommendation

What deep-cycle battery will give me the most bang for my buck on a 24v system? Best place to get them? Thanks...Stan
Stan Bowen 5

self sufficient energy house plan

is there somewhere out there a house plan that uses all of the natural energy sources -- solor-- wind -- methane gas -- water???...
marion williams 3

Battery and Inverter recommendations...

OK, my head is swimming with all the different options and ways of generating and storing electricity and I need some recommenda...
Dawn Buxton 5

Complete Knowledge

I would like to know that how many watts/day would be required if we have 5 bedroom house in a hot reigon(I m located in India)....
Majid Syed 1

[help] how to predict the ouput of solar PV per day

hi , I�m doing my project about solar photovoltaic (PV) now .my objective is build the mathematical model of the output of PV. ...
james crawford 2

MPPT with water turbines?

SolarBoost's user manual says that it cannot be used with any sources that requires a shunt load. So is there any MPPT charge co...
Kin Hang Poon 1

What wind system would you recommend...

... and why?I'm looking for those with experience with grid tie wind systems, preferably with a unit of 3kwt and above.Thanks!&#...
Dawn Buxton 6

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!