Technical Discussion: Other

Have a technical RE question that doesn't fit in our other categories? Looking for some specific advice from others in the RE community? Ask it here!

topics

Subject Started by Replies

Q: PL-PLT "Plastic Pelton Wheel "

Hello, We need information about the maximum r.p.m and the maximum power that can be supplied by the Plastic Pelton Wheel &q...
Ahmad Zbeeb 0

Charging batteries in parallel w/portable charger

Could someone tell me if using a portable 12V "smart" charger to charge a bank of 12V batteries connected in parallel ...
Dan McAfee 0

Inverter for 1.5 hp 220 Volt Submersable pump

Need inverter to start and run a 1.5 hp pump from a 48 volt battery system.  Pump at 80 feet in well .  Static water 2...
James Gannon 1

effects of shading on solar panels

I've heard there are panels that shut down when partically shaded and panels that remain active when partically shaded.  Ex...
bill 6

Hydro system

Can anyone tell me why the alternators in the hydro systems have such a small output ie 500-1500 watts.  If I changed out t...
Michael Lee 1

PV Data Logging

Will the Fronius data logger work with an SMA inverter?  The Fronius seems to have a greater range of sensors and inputs.&#...
Douglas Hopkins 2

Battery charger on Air-X system

Had seen something on this in the forums before..darned if I can find it again! We have an AIR-X 400w 12v system on the...
Chuck Manos 1

generator / battery charger??

How do I hook up a generator to the Xantrex DR1512 AC input? I have a 2300 watt generator I want to charge my battery ba...
Juah Thao 2

can I add more panels to my systems??

If I add more PV panels would I need more batteries?? I have a 320 watt 12V system. I live in Japan, imported system fro...
Juah Thao 3

Wood burning stoves

Does anyone know of a wood and coal burning stove that they would recommend for use in an RV/bus?Thanks
clare tremaine 3

Installation of Solar Panels in a Hurricane-prone area

Hi all: My wife and I are building a home in Belize. The entire structure will be concrete including the roof which will hav...
Douglas Bray 6

New to solar power and need help.

I need some advice, I've got a portable fueling point that runs a 12 VDC pump that is rated at 20amps. The power source is ...
Paul Stork 6

How to attach solar cells to backing panel

Hello all.  I am new to this forum and I hope someone can give me a hand.  I am expanding a wind system to a wind/pv s...
William Dino 1

Components needed for a drip irrigation system

I have 200 pecan trees on a drip irrgation system currently powered with gas pumps.  The water comes from a river about 30&...
Al Green 1

wind charge 36V golf cart

Posted by Michael Fischer on Today at 05:24:01 PM I have a cabin that is off grid Planning on adding aprox 300- 500 W w...
Michael Fischer 0

Small wind installer near central Maine

Hi All, I'm looking to expand my PV system to a hybrid PV/wind system. I've purchased a an Air X wind turbine,...
Brian Shaban 3

Wind System

Hello, I'm building on a hilltop with nearly constant class 3 wind. I would like to install the whisper 500 on a 6...
Richard Northrop 15

Sizing and designing vineyard irrigation system

I have the beginnings of a solar system to run irrigation for a vineyard at a remote site in Sonoma County. I have 2 100 watt pa...
Peter Young 11

Solar Battery Charging of Security System

I just ordered 3 Linksys WVC 200 PTZ cameras and 3 IR illuminators.  I want to place them outside in a sealed box around my...
Bishop Davis 1

hydro turbine 100 kw

i wish to run a turbine 100 kw off a approx 30m wide river with out bloking the whole river. also dont want to use batterys .the...
owen smith 13

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!