Technical Discussion: Other

Have a technical RE question that doesn't fit in our other categories? Looking for some specific advice from others in the RE community? Ask it here!

topics

Subject Started by Replies

Question about solar hot water heating

This is probably a stupid question and i apologize ahead of time.  My only excuse is that I am new to this (solar energy). ...
vonbismarck 2

trickle vs discharge

having trouble muddling through battery protocols, because I often hear or read that batteries like to have full discharge-recha...
Ed Humpal 4

solar hot water baseboard system

Hi,  we had a hot water baseboard heating system in Alaska (oil-heated) and are interested in designing a similar system us...
valerie maxwell 1

solar power for aviary

Am planning to build an aviary which will require occasional heating by season (I live in So. California) plus a small fan plus ...
Bert Wouters 2

heating water

Here is my story. We have a mountain home on a good size, year around running creek. I can get 3 to 4 feet of head in less then ...
mark Faut 2

Solar Power for Pond vs. house system

Hello, we have two ponds with waterfalls, one of which pumps about 2000 gallons per  hour and is 1/3HP.  We have anoth...
Carla Ruigh 3

Hybrid System

HiI would like to know which of the charge controllers will support a hybrid system (Solar Wind Turbine) RegardsALex
Alejandro Gonzalez 1

Considering Solar/Wind systems

I live in the upper midwest and am considering solar/wind systems to help heat/cool my home.  I am unsure how to proceed. &...
Terri Ayers 2

Micro Hydro....Flow vs Head

First time here on this site....I have a good sized creek on my property: 10-20' wide, avg depth 6"-1' (normal year round). My q...
Rick Dabe 2

Am I a candidate for hydroelectric power?

I've got an artesian well next to my house that puts out 35 gpm.  I have it piped to a creek that is 70 yards from the hous...
Matthew Adcock 1

absorber plate for (fiberglass?) solar water heater?

A couple years ago I received 4 used solar water heater panels for free. They appear to be constructed of some kind of white fib...
E B 1

24V Solar panels, use on 12V?

I wired up a group of older solar panels in 24V configuration.  This is at a remote location in Bahamas.  Homeowner ne...
Lee Haefele 4

Settings

I have eight S-460 Rolls Batteries in a 24volt system. What Bulk and Float settings should I be using?
Rich Hart 1

Battery Cable size

I've used your Wire Sizing: A Practical Guide to determine battery cable sizing and I would like your opinion if I sized it corr...
Gary Miller 5

Reflective Sheet Steel

What would it take to coat sheet steel with a silvered surface?  I have a variety of solar reflector that I would make out ...
Paul Klinkman 0

Solar Power needs

http://www.blackanddecker.com/ProductGuide/Product-Details.aspx?ProductID=2500I am looking for ideas on what to purchase to rech...
Joe Nemecek 1

evaporative cooling

I am trying to source an evaporative cooler to run on 12V or 24V DC from solar power (max 500W0.This is either to cool a 4.5M3 b...
Martyn Lovell 3

PV Drainback Solar DHW

I'm seriously considering a drainback DHW system but want a PV powered pump to avoid the penalty of AC power.  However, I'm...
Jeff Butera 1

Can I use batteries while they're charging?

LAST EDITED ON Apr-19-06 AT 08:49 PM (EST)
Ian Wood 2

Xantrex 1500 + Solar Panel - HOW?

I want the Xantrex 1500 backup system (I have and love a smaller system that I use via Grid charge). But this time I want to cha...
Katherine Sainz 3

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!