Solar energy

1 Posts
Apr 3, 2006 06:02 pm
Solar energy

I have been asked to draw up a plan for a farm on Savanna land in tropical Africa. The land is extensive and I even wonder about a biodiesel crop but it is too soon to think that such generation will be optimal for the land.  Years ago I had a neighbour in Spain who said that with his solar hot water heating he often  got dangerous steam coming out of the shower.  This makes me think that if I laid some pipes on a gentle slope and then painted it black, in no time at all I might have a power house going. I suppose ideally the pipes would be set in a good black heat conductor such as a metal.  It certainly would be a fraction of thge cost of solar panels but how could the energy by stored or for that matter electricity be made efficiently? There is plenty of water on this land.  
Clearly I am not an engineer and I know that little is as simple as it seems but with a situation which needs exploiting, I hope I am in the right place. Any pointer or notions will be appreciated.  
Put another way how should I efficiently collect the tropical sun's energy.  I think that if I know the method, I will be able to work out the scale.

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!