Technical Discussion: Other

Have a technical RE question that doesn't fit in our other categories? Looking for some specific advice from others in the RE community? Ask it here!

topics

Subject Started by Replies

Wind turbine and Batteries

Hello Again. the wind turbine I am considering can be purchased either as a 24v or 48v, what do you think is a better w...
Alfred McCall 1

Generator charge to battery question

Hi everyone, I'm new here and have some questions. Please help me. 1. Can I connect the  Inverter 25...
Dave Ng 1

battery protection

I recently purchased a solar system and installed it with the solar panels feeding the controller then the controller feedsing t...
James Kalloch 2

Green Energy Summit 2009: Clean Technology, Renewable Energy, and Sustainability

World Leaders Gather at Green Energy Summit 2009 to Plug Bailout Scenarios Clean Technology, Renewable Energy, and Sustainab...
Shaguf Mohtisham 0

Wind, Solar, Propane Generator Combo

Hello All I am new at renewable energy and have many questions.  My Wife and I are in the process of building a home.�...
Alfred McCall 2

Do I need multple charge contollers?

I think that what I need is something to read about how to charge a battery bank from both a solar array and a generator. Sugges...
Philip Morgan 1

Charge Controller

I have a off brand charge controller. Rule off thumb if the solar array is disconnected and the battery is connected if I use my...
Max Schulte 3

Enphase Inverter

Does anyone in the forum have one of these units in service? For my budget going with one of those inverters is an option howeve...
Max Schulte 1

Multiple sources of energy

I posted this in the installer forum but noticed many more participating in here. Please forgive the duplicity. I have ...
Gary Fuller 2

solar angle

I am repositioning my panels and would like to set them at the proper angle for DECEMBER 21 2008,I guess that would be my best b...
Rene M 10

What is the Best Battery Size?

I have the AirX 400W 12VDC Wind Turbine and a 2500W Inverter. What is the best size battery to use in between the two? I could a...
Stephen Cord 2

Need smart electrician to help!

Hello, I have a 230v 10amp well pump.  It's a franklin electric 3/4hp pump.  It has a control box in my ...
Patrick Guenette 7

Battery box from a Coleman ice chest?

I'm thinking of making a battery box for 300AH of 12V AGM batteries from a wheeled Coleman 50 quart ice chest (the kind tha...
Alan Dennis 2

Wind Generator Stop Switch

I have a Southwest Windpower Whisper 100 Wind Turbine.  Due to weather constraints and time available to install it, I will...
Eric F 1

Different Battery Capacities in Parallel

Hi, newbie here, I have a boat with 3 4D 12V batteries in parallel and I would like to increase the battery bank capacity. ...
Douglas Simms 4

series pv panels into parallel in combiner box

can I have a different series set of pv panels combined in  parallel in the combiner box. I have 2 --3 panel sets of 208w s...
James Anspaugh 5

Issue connecting to Regulator

I have two UniSolar 64W Panels with the Quick Connect wires, I have the panels connected, but in going to the regulator, there i...
Kristine M 4

Generator

I have a 3000 watt Generator that has a battery charger 12 volt and I believe 8.5 amps output ( I don't have the spec sheet...
Rene M 6

solar lawn lighting

I've been thinking about taking my solar yard lights inside after dark and using them for evening lighting. They are the ki...
BarrioBob Berrara 3

Hey Folks

I have just recieved (3) 4 volt 400 amp. hr. batteries to connect in series for a 12 volt system. I am new to this so here goes,...
Steve Serge 1

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!