Technical Discussion: Other

Have a technical RE question that doesn't fit in our other categories? Looking for some specific advice from others in the RE community? Ask it here!

topics

Subject Started by Replies

Wiring solar panels together

I have 4 Kyocera 130 panels with each pare wired together. I soldered the positive and negative from each pare together and then...
Jerry Miller 6

Solar power as a supplement to Electical power plants

I would like to know whats the normal supplemental ratio of solar to electrical power plants? I am considering supplementing a e...
Paul Harrigan 2

Grid Tie Inverter fooled by Inverter based generator?

Pure curiosity, Non battery backup grid tie inverters by design are supposed to shut down when the grid goes down. The trigger a...

12V panel to 24V controller or LCB

Does the Shur-flo 902-100 controller, rated @ 24V convert 12V from a panel into 24V?  I'd like to try pairing a 24V Shur-f...
William R Wagoner 2

not enough power???

Hi Im a newbie- I have a battery charger(15watts.1amp@15v) kit,a new 12volt car battery and 7amp solar charge controller. Im...
Isaac Caselis 6

Bogart Trimetric and MK 105ah AGM batteries

Hello, I have 4 105ah AGM batteries for a total of 420 amp hour capacity. I also have a Trimetric TM-2020 Batt...
Keith Birchfield 5

New appication

I'm in the process of researching for a solar power project utilizing an RF-id reader. The reader is rated at 2.5 Watts....
Rick Svalesen 2

Wind Turbine going Overvoltage

Issue:  I have a H-100 Whisper Wind turbine and it is set up for 48 volt operation.  I have the optional remote digita...
Eric F 8

Adding wind turbine to off grid solar system

Hi everyone, I'm new here, but have a question.  I have a 48V off grid solar system with a 10KW generator as a back up...
Ralph Robertson 1

40hp submersible pump design problem

hi everybody I am newbie about solar my pump specifications are voltage=220/380(L-G/L-L voltage i mean three phase ), amper=...
Aslan Aslan 7

Grundfos pumps

Does anyone know what the Grundfos helical roitor submersible well pumps will do if they receive more power from the solar array...
Robert Landau 1

Wire Size

Can someone calculate the wire size I would need to connect a set of 6--175 watt panels at 24v from the combiner box to the DC d...
Andy D 3

Charging Batteries with generator problems - suggestions?

I have a fairly simple system, 4 120 Watt kyocera panels running in parellel through an Outback 4500 watt inverter to charge the...
Eric Cox 11

SOUTHWEST WIND POWER- NEW AIR BREEZE INSTALLION

JUST INSTALLED NEW AIR BREEZE 200W/24VDC HAVE INSTALLED SEVERAL AIR-X MODELS BASICALLY SAME THING THIS AIR BREEZE IS SHO...
Joe Reich 5

WInd Turbines

I am starting to see all these wind turbines popping up all over the place now BUT they are unregulated. I seen a 12v 200W turbi...
Max Schulte 1

Difference Between Polycrystalline and Multicrystalline

First off, total noob here. Yall are gonna love me or hate me so you might as well start picking a side. LOL Anywho, I ...
David Shuemake 2

location for wind turbines

WE LIVE NEAR THE BIG POWER LINE. HOW FAR FROM THEM DO YOU NEED TO BE TO PUT UP THE TURBINES?
Tracy Low 1

Kyocera KC130TM 130W 12V Solar Panel w J-Box question

This is a 130w panel, but it says it's 7.39amps @ 12v....To me that seems like a 88.68w panel... For it to be...
Patrick Guenette 5

Solar Panel Efficiency

Does anybody know exactly what the ratio is for the measurement of Panel Efficiency? I understand that it is a %, some sources c...
Angelo Fall 3

efficient use of an inverter

At what point does using an inverter become efficient? I understand the issues of energy loss due to conversion from the DC batt...
James Johnson 2

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!