Technical Discussion: Other

Have a technical RE question that doesn't fit in our other categories? Looking for some specific advice from others in the RE community? Ask it here!

topics

Subject Started by Replies

Mis-matched batteries

Battery Question: Preliminaries: 1. Location: Eastern VT, Cabin located at 3000' Elevation 2. Consumption:...
David Comeau 4

Check My Calculation

I need someone to check my calculation. I am using a 5w 110v bulb thru an inverter. 6hrs a day 7 days a week. Average 4 hrs of s...
Max Schulte 3

Where and how to set up a solar pool pump system

Hi I am in South FL, with a 14k gal pool, I have called some places to inquired about a solar pool pump system and found very li...
Reinaldo Lopez 2

Modified sign wave inverter and the new HE washing machines

HI! I need to know how the HE washing machines do with the Modified sign wave inverter.  Anyone have this experience with t...
Kim Powers 2

solar/wind on Xantrex C35 and no charge from wind at night.

Sunforce 60 watts of solar, Air-X 400watt turbine both feeding a Xantrex C35 charge controller in PV charger mode (not worried a...
Daniel Johnson 5

Specific Gravity - are my batteries charged or not?

Still learning my system: I have 2x 6 volt 400Amp hour Rolls/Surrette deep cycle batteries. Unfortunately, they stood unused for...
Sally Errey 16

Li-ion for storage

Can Li-ion batteries be used or does anybody have a small setup that uses Li-ion (example:laptop battery).
Tony Butterfield 7

Bying a farm in the country, Puerto Rico.

Need some advise in what kind of wind turbine i need for my farm, dont have any electricity from the city. In my old house i use...
Maria Gontan 3

How much do I need?

I have a vary large home and property with lots of gagets and stuff. I want to power it all with wind and solar power. I want to...
Ellwood Bartlett 2

What is wrong with my system?

I have succeeded to up running a 1000watts non-glass type panel system at home and something happen on the second day.  Aft...
Gary C 12

Permanent Magnet DC Motor wiring question

I now have my DC motor hooked up properly to my batteries.  My DC motor is run by pedaling an exercise bike.  I am usi...
Mark Hartford 7

Morningstar PS-30 System Help

Ok, I've got 6 50w kyocera 12v PV cells, running into a PS-30, out to 3 interstate MegaTron SR-27 Deep Cycle Marine batteri...
Glenn Spencer 4

Trace 3624 will not wake up

I have a DR 3624 trace inverter and I can't get it to wake up when i hook up the DC supply all it does is click I looked in...
Donald Bodda 3

battery equalization

I am looking for some documentation or other solid info on the calculations needed for advanced programing of my Outback Mate. M...
Ron Hardwick 1

Morningstar Prostar 15A with AC/DC Adapter for input

Well, this is not really a solar application, but I just wanted to know if it is possible to use the Morningstar Prostar 15A or ...
Issac Mathew 6

solar collectors for space heat

On a home that has an existing hot water radiator heating system powered by an oil burner, could you integrate a solar hot water...
Jeffrey Guevara 1

Looking for a wind system wiring diagram

I'm looking for and can't find a diagram for a small home wind turbine system (100-400 watts) that isn't written ...
David Yurk 4

kids science project with solar

Iwant to help my son (10 years old) create a photovoltaic display for his science project. Unfortunately this will be inside...
Tom Schultz 3

Importance of UL listed modules?

Obviously the UL listing has become an industry standard but how necessary is it? Are UL listed modules required for PV...
Jeffrey Guevara 5

Should I use Trojan or Interstate batteries?

I'm torn between price and distance to travel. Interstate dealer is approx. 30 miles away, about a 1 hour trip, and Trojan ...
Gordon DeBower 9

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!