Technical Discussion: Other

Have a technical RE question that doesn't fit in our other categories? Looking for some specific advice from others in the RE community? Ask it here!

topics

Subject Started by Replies

strong lightning protection for solar pumping systems- expert advice desired

Hi, We have been involved for several years with solar water pumping systems used in developing countries to bring water to ...
Michel Maupoux 0

LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION

Okay, so I want to go solar, I live in the desert.  AND I AM SICK AND TIRED OF WAITING FOR THE UTILITIES/GOV TO DO ANY...
BarrioBob Berrara 3

Solar Attic Fan - can I charge a battery with it?

I have a solar powered attic ventilator fan. Since I live in Arizona I figure I can unplug it for several months in the winter. ...
BarrioBob Berrara 3

One Circuit solar/wind

My brother tells me I can buy a solar/wind generator and just plug it in to a circuit in my house like you would plug in any app...
BarrioBob Berrara 4

Grid Backup For PV System

I'm building a system to run a 30 watt pump and some LED lights for a Koi pond. It needs to run 24/7 or else fish will suff...
Chris Kreymann 6

Do I need a 12v or 24v charge controller?

I've decided to resell the 5-watt panels I bought earlier and now I'm ordering 16 x 15-watt amorphous solar panels &nb...
Alan Dennis 0

car radio hook up

want to run 12v radio off solar panel.what do I need besides panel and battery? and how big on both?This is all new to me also b...
Ron Hoyt 3

Junk

I have some old lawn mowers and chain saws. Is it possible to use the magnet pully and line up 4 or 5 coils and put it on an old...
Lan Go 5

Need a little help

« 1 2 »
Just getting started in the Off-grid lifestyle. and I am using it primarily for a remote cabun, but hope to bring some of what I...
Joel Serra 35

Grid Supply Issues

Hi all!  I am looking into purchasing some Kaneka 60w panels for a small installation at home.  I am planning on havin...
George Mackintosh 3

Shed Lighting off of Inverter

First time poster, new PV system builder here... building it all from scratch and learning as I go.  I'm trying hard t...
Jim D 3

Small System Suggestions?

I have a system that draws 5 WH per hour 24x7. I have wind power at the site but it has changed drasticly in the last year. New ...
Jerry Allen 6

Maximum discharge rates of AGMs

Hi everyone, This is my first post here.  I just picked up 24 5W solar modules (.35A x 15V) at about $3.33/watt. I...
Alan Dennis 5

grounding a small DC/AC system?

How should I ground my system and or change it. 128 watts of PV panels with two trojan 105 AH batteries, prostar15 controlle...
Todd K 6

Drainback vs closed loop antifreeze

I plan to heat a shop space w/ solar hot water.  Heat and heat-storage will be via radiant slab.  The space is very we...
Steve Ostrander 6

Air 403 to Air Breeze

Hi Is it possible to upgrade my Air 403 to Air Breeze?
Torbjorn Saether 0

Amp Hours

can a e27sdlG (MK) 98AH and a 12sc90 84ah  be hooked together to increase AH capacity or do all batteries have to be from s...
Joel Serra 3

12v Switches for interior lights/outlets

I've researched around and keep finding that normal household switches are not DC rated.  I'm curious what you al...
Fritz Frerichs 8

2 charge controllers

At this time I have 2 kyocera 50 watt panels hooked in parallel to one 20 amp charge controller I also own a 15 watt panel t...
Rene M 2

DX-R-10 Drainback system efficiency questions

Does anyone have experience with one of these systems?  I would like to discuss this system with other folks who have simil...
Jason Dowdoe 18

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!