Technical Discussion: Other

Have a technical RE question that doesn't fit in our other categories? Looking for some specific advice from others in the RE community? Ask it here!

topics

Subject Started by Replies

Connecting two solar panels to a single charge controller

Is is possible to connect 2 solar panels to a  30A charge controller. The Solar panels are both 12 but one is 80W ...
Dare Devils 2

Connecting to AET piping

Just recieved two shiny new AET solar panels.  The instructions with the panel state that there is a "nipple" con...
Lawrence Lile 5

How to calculate the inverter size for a 5kw system?

I am planning to set up a 5KW solar PV stand alone system. how to select the size of inverter required for me?
Dare Devils 1

Battery / Off-Grid system

When would you use 12v, 24v, 48v, or 96v batteries for an off-grid system? Is it strictly cost related or is there an advantage ...
Andrew Rasken 2

bicycle solar panels

I am preparing for a solo cross country bicycle trip beginning June 1. The route will follow the Lewis and Clark Trail from Asto...
Tony Baltes 1

can high powered DC blowers powered by solar?

Hi everyone  I am planning to have an air blower of capacity 1500cmh. That to using DC power which is directly gene...
Dare Devils 4

Hot breakers

I’ve just put in a 14-solar panel system with a DR1524 inverter.  Everything went very well except that we had a bit of a...
Eagle Resources 7

garage door opener

Hello to all, I would like to connect my garage door opener to one(or more if needed) solar panel(s). This opener is equippe...
Kon Pik 5

Need help with LED lighting

I have a smackerel of experience with electronics. None of it is "hands on" experience with LED's. The ...
Thomas Allen Schmidt 4

Sump Pump powered by Solar system

Hi, I am really interested in setting up my sump pump on a solar energy system. I know absolutely nothing about kw/ac/dc/convert...
Al West 1

MPPT and PWM on same battery bank?

I have a C40 charge controller (which I understand is PWM) charging 4 L16HC batteries from 4 Siemens Panels.  I also have 2...
Rhett Fouraker 3

Do C-40 controllers go bad?

I have a c-40 charge controller on my system that I bought used from a man foreclosing his house.  I installed the system a...
Rhett Fouraker 6

Xantrex C-series charge controllers - CM panel

I was wondering if anyone knows whether (in Diversion Load mode) the readings on the CM display - Amps, Watts and cumulative Amp...
Bruce Boatner 4

Tracker vs. MPPT controller

I've seen allot of % of performance increase figures for MPPT controllers (particularly in cold weather) but have yet to fi...
John Fox 2

Whisper 200 control panel

I received no instruction guide with my whisper 200 control panel My question is :if the reading is Kwh 11.14 is that trans...
Donald Bodda 1

How do I determine how many wind turbines I will need???

My home and shop use about 1800kwh per month and I noticed the wind turbines are rated by watts only. How do I convert ...
Richard Moschilli 2

solar space heating BTUs

Can someone clarify the output ratings on the SolarSheet and SunMate heaters?  I'm trying to heat an open area that is...
Peter Riebold 5

Bang Bang Bang goes my solar hot water heater

When the sun is shinning bright and the panels are a cooking, the pipes in the solar hot water system start to bang. It...
Jim Patera 10

connecting turbine to solar

I have a solar system set up for 24v.  I want to add a 12v air-x turbine into the system.  (I already have the turbine...
Rhett Fouraker 2

Battery Bank

I came across a faulty battery on 24 volts system with 200 amp-hr bank capacity. 2 strings of 100 amp-hr The battery ban...
Usman Kazaure Abdullahi 1

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!