Technical Discussion: Other

Have a technical RE question that doesn't fit in our other categories? Looking for some specific advice from others in the RE community? Ask it here!

topics

Subject Started by Replies

solar panel placement

I have 9 208watt sharp panels. 6 face east on the garage roof and 3 face south because I have a steep roof there so it keeps the...
James Anspaugh 7

AC Pump vs DC Pump and PV

I'm putting the finishing touches on my SDHW system. The parts were acquired second-hand and I received an AC powered ...
Michael Devereaux 2

Want to build a small offgrid system

Any tips on battery bank sizing and electric average electric consumption? What could one 200 watt PV panel do for me ...
Jeffrey Guevara 4

Solar system calculator

Hello I have some questions. Firstly what is the difference between off-grid and on-grid for the calculator? se...
Phil Metzger 3

Xantrex C12 12A, 12V Lighting Controller

I recently bought the above lighting controller however I set it on Dusk to Dawn feature but the light stays on during the day. ...
Amelita Puga 0

800A deep Cycle Bank in Storage - Need Trickle chg specs/configeration for Solar

In a marine configeration, I have a 800ah house battery bank of deep cycle batteries that goes into storage, fully charged, for ...
Dynamo1181 Wi 2

snow on air-x blades

I have had my air-x land 12volt up since just before Christmas. I have seen snow sticking to the blades twice now. The first tim...
Roy Gross 4

Getting the power company out of my life.

Hi everyone. I live in Oklahoma and have a very corrupt power company to deal with. They don't steal from everyone but it s...
Jonathan W 3

Calculate number of panels needed

Hello I am trying to create a little excel sheet document that will help me calculate the number of solar panels and ba...
Phil Metzger 1

Charging 200 Amp-hr battery with solar panel

I need help on the size of solar panel to use on my system with following configuration; 12 volt system 200 Amp-hr ...
Usman Kazaure Abdullahi 1

Enphase inverters?

Just found there advertisement and see the up side to get things to AC power as fast as possible. Has anyone tyred this type of ...
David O 3

NiCD battery

Does anybody use NiCD batteries and if so what is the largest. How do those kind of batteries differ from the lead acid ones...
Tony Butterfield 4

tep Charger for Deep Cycle Batteries

Hi - newbie here but learning fast. I have 2 x 6 v deep cycle lead acid batteries (Rolls Surrette 4000) connected in series ...
Sally Errey 6

Newbie: how to wire panel to battery to appliance, litterally

Hi, I'm building a micro system to wire a chicken coop for lighting, using a 3watt 12V DC LED light and SLA batter...
Rebecca Mason 4

basic inverter wiring question

I've been looking more closely at some of the inverters available and how to go about wiring a system.  I've noti...
Brian P 5

PV configuration

I have 10 (205 W) Kyocera PVs with the following parameters Maximum Power            &nbs...
Ijimere B 1

Adding wind power to a solar system

Hello, I'm thinking of adding a small wind turbine to an existing solar system (off grid with a battery bank).&nbs...
Stephen Hagerman 3

newbie, example first system review

I'm looking at the cost of creating a solar system to providing light for a small barn.  I've done the calculations g...
Brian P 9

newbie, battery sizing question

I've been reading the Photovoltaics-Design and Installation Manual to learn more about solar power.  One thing I don&#...
Brian P 3

how to set up a battery based PV system with GRID BACKUP

Yes, you read that right. I live in Hawaii, where the utility rates are .$.40-$.50/kWh. I want to design a system that relies on...
Benjamin S 7

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!