Technical Discussion: Other

Have a technical RE question that doesn't fit in our other categories? Looking for some specific advice from others in the RE community? Ask it here!

topics

Subject Started by Replies

Grounding panels

I am trying to find out the ground wiring sizes for a roof mounted array. Is the frame ground also the lighting ground, if not d...
Charles Harte 2

Battery State of Charge

Most of the 12volts inverter cutout the battery at 10.5volts to prevent over discharging.   Based on the battery st...
Usman Kazaure Abdullahi 14

Load controller function

I have a BlueSky charge controller with a 25amp load controller function. What is this used for and should I have it connected?
Steve Dovel 2

Newbie needs help!

I'm new at installing RE and trying to understand. I have installed a C-Series 60 Amp 12/24V Regulator or LVD or Load Div. ...
Roxie Perkins 9

Seasonal pv/solar pool heating

I have a 28,000 gallon swimming pool in a wooded area in Raleigh, NC.  The pool has the problem of being generally a little too...
Wayne Jones 2

mixing solar panel voltages within a single solar array

Are there any problem running different voltage panels as part of the same solar string. I have a SB1800u and 10 PW100...
John Anderson 9

Leak in Collector plate

Hello .. I have an old solar hot water system.. it appears that my differential controller is screwed up (just ordered the SunEa...
Dan Jordan 0

Battery size calculation based on insolation and load

How to find the size of the battery ie., based on load or based on the solar insolation. If i hav a laod requireme...
Tech Guy 1

One diversion controller for Wind and Solar

I have heard conflicting statements from a number of sources. I have yet to get a clear answer, just personal preferences with n...
Bently Harris 2

Verify AH on Flooded Bateries?

Does anyone know the best way to physically verify the AH capacity of flooded batteries? This would be nice to check if...
Bently Harris 3

Inverter to Subpanel wiring – hot/hot

Should an inverter feeding a lone subpanel feed both sides of the buss (as 220 would) then go though 2 breakers to the 110 outle...
Bently Harris 6

solar hot water pumps

The Rheem 80 gal hot water tanks with heat exchanger seems to be popular for solar applications.  However, I noticed somewh...

Solar system for workstation computer.

Hello, I’m interested in solar systems but I never did something. Now I like to know if some one can helps me to setup one...
Francisco Ordaz 4

Battery care for summer camp

I am planning on installing a small off-grid 500w PV system in my summer cottage in Maine.  My question is about batteries....
James J 4

Sunlinq 6.5Watt 12V Portable Power Pack with iPod

Hi I would like to buy Sunlinq 6.5Watt 12V Portable Power Pack and use it to charge my iPod. I saw also Global Solar iPod Ac...
Pavel Dusicka 1

economic solar water pump design

I live in the San Ildefonso Ixtahuacanm Huehuetenango Guatemala. I work with the Social Ministry of the Catholic Church in a sus...
Todd Bauer 5

Questionnaire for site surveying to install a solar PV system

Hi everyone! Can I get a questionnaire prepared for site survey of a solar PV system which includes the following. ...
Dare Devils 1

AC amps - DC amps

Hello all, I've been trying to wrap my head around a couple of things lately and was hoping someone could shed som...
Dave C 10

Combining Sharp 224w panels

Hello; I have 2 Sharp 224w panels that I want to combine voltage on.  Can someone advise me on what I can use for ...
Stephen Hagerman 1

Lorentz vs. Grundofs Pumps

Trying to get some feedback on Lorentz and Grundfos pumps.  We are about to install two remote livestock watering pumps on ...
Morgan Bassam 1

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!