SOUTHWEST WIND POWER- NEW AIR BREEZE INSTALLION

3 Posts
Nov 18, 2008 01:09 pm
SOUTHWEST WIND POWER- NEW AIR BREEZE INSTALLION

JUST INSTALLED NEW AIR BREEZE 200W/24VDC
HAVE INSTALLED SEVERAL AIR-X MODELS BASICALLY SAME THING
THIS AIR BREEZE IS SHOWING ERADIC CURRENT OUT PUT ON ANALOG AMP METER PULSATING UP AND DOWN IN SYNC WITH RPM, TRIED BYPASSING METER, FUSE AND SWITCH AND HOOKING DIRECTLY TO BATTERY- SAME THING.
REASON FOR POST IS THAT I'VE BEEN TRYING TO CONTACT SOTHWEST TECH SUPPORT FOR SEVERAL DAYS(BOTH PHONE & E-MAIL) BUT UNABLE TO MAKE CONTACT. THEY MUST BE VERY BUSY WITH EITHER THIS PROBLEM OR SOME OTHER ONES??!!
ANY ONE ELSE EXPERIENCED THIS PROBLEM?
JOE REICH

Nov 20, 2008 06:29 am
Re: SOUTHWEST WIND POWER- NEW AIR BREEZE INSTALLION

I am no expert and I may not fully understand what it is your having a problem with but, it seems to me, if the blades are turning faster you should get more amperage than if the blades are turning slower. In other words if the wind is erratic the amps will be erratic.

Is there something about the AIR Breeze 200W/24V that is suppose to "level out" amperage in spite of erratic wind speeds?

My PV modules do this same thing on days when clouds are moving by at a fast pace. Amperage goes down with a cloud and back up after the cloud.

I realize what I have written could be mistaken for cynicism, but its not intended as such. I to would like to be educated on this.

3 Posts
Nov 20, 2008 11:07 am

ALOHA TOM-
THANKS FOR THE REPLY.
WIND AT LOCATION IS STEADY WITH LITTLE TURBULANCE.
WITH AIR-X MODELS THAT I'VE INSTALLED AMMETER GRADUALLY INCREASES WITH WIND SPEED.
THIS AIR BREEZE SEEMS TO FLUCTUATE WITH EVERY REVOLUTION BUT OBSERVING THE TURBINE DON'T NOTICE ANY CHANGE.
THE NEW AIR BREEZE IS SUPPOSED TO HAVE A DIFERENT CONTROLLER I THINK THE PROBLEM(IF IT IS A PROBLEM) MAY BE WITH IT BEING MORE SENSITIVE?
GOT E-MAIL FROM SOUTHWEST ACKNOWLEDGING MY INQUIRY BUT NO SOLUTION YET.
JOE

19 Posts
Nov 21, 2008 09:47 am

Re: clouds moving past solar site:
Yes, normal, my wattage will drop 1000 watts as clouds block sun and spike back up when sun comes fully out.  On cloudy days my 3500 watt system can only generate about 1100 watts.

Nov 23, 2008 05:56 am

I understand now Joe. Even with a smooth steady flow of wind across the propeller of your wind genny and the steady load of battery charging the amps are eratic. As if a relay is not fully sealing in, its chattering?
 It will be interesting to know just what the problem is if indeed there is one.

3 Posts
Nov 24, 2008 03:22 pm

I'M STILL WAITING FOR SOME KIND OF REPLY FROM SOUTHWEST WIND.
BEING A NEW INSTALLATION I DON'T WANT TO START TAKING ANYTHING APART YET??!!

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!