Technical Discussion: Other

Have a technical RE question that doesn't fit in our other categories? Looking for some specific advice from others in the RE community? Ask it here!

topics

Subject Started by Replies

Panels not Producing electricity

I have a 9.2kw PV system.  When the sun is out without clouds, one of three inverters shuts down for several hours or until...
David Sporkin 3

12 volt vs 24 volt with inverter use

If I have a 12 volt inverter with a 12 volt paralleled battery bank, can I do series/parallel wiring to the same battery bank an...
David Szymas 1

Batteries

I have 8 12V batteries parallelled togather with 105 amp hrs each. They are marine deep cycle batteries which I understand are n...
David Szymas 16

Looking for a wind system wiring diagram

I'm looking for and can't find a diagram for a small home wind turbine system (100-400 watts) that isn't written ...
David Yurk 4

Impact of Solar Panel Orientation

I am looking for some advice regarding the impact of solar panel orientation and its impact on power generation.  Just to g...
Davin T 15

What wind system would you recommend...

... and why?I'm looking for those with experience with grid tie wind systems, preferably with a unit of 3kwt and above.Thanks!&#...
Dawn Buxton 6

Battery and Inverter recommendations...

OK, my head is swimming with all the different options and ways of generating and storing electricity and I need some recommenda...
Dawn Buxton 5

Which site....

We recently purchased a wind turbine with a free standing 100 foot tower.  This will be a grid tie application and as I was...
Dawn Buxton 2

MPPT Charge Controller Question

I currently have a Sunforce 30 amp charge controller and bought a Blue Sky 2000e 25 amp 12v mppt controller. After swapping out ...
Dean M 5

charging battery

can any one tell me approximately the time it would take to charge a 12 volt battery using a 5 watt solar panel? thanks
denis farrmer 1

Battery corrosion

I have a Dodge 2500 pick truck and it seems to have excessive battery and electrical corrosion not only on the battery terminals...
denis farrmer 1

8KW wind turbine blade material selection. HELP!!!!!

I am doing a project on wind turbine blade design and material selection for an 8kw turbine. However I must justify my final mat...
denis hegarty 1

inverter capacity calculation

Hi All,  (I'm new here) I was looking at the inverter calculation on page, http://store.altenergystore.co...
Dennis Adams 3

Charge controller voltages

My PV bank is 16 Kyocera KC158 G with a Vmp rating at 23.2 volts. That is hooked to a Xantrex SW 4024 the system is grid tied an...
Dennis M 0

Solar water pump help needed

Found the only water on my property in the root cellar. Plan to dig down app. 15 ft. and put a well and solar pump. Winters are ...
Dina Sugg 1

Question about Solar Panels Mounting

I'm working on designing a small (~1.5kW) solar system that will help "turn back the clock" on my meter.I have a garage wall (no...
Dmitry Aniskovich 1

"Question about Solar Panels Mounting"

I asked this question also on another forum, but hope here I'll get faster response.    I'm working on designing a sma...
Dmitry Aniskovich 5

KC120's

I have an opportunity to purchase 20-KC120's fom an estate sale. I know that there were issues with panels built between 20...
Don Abel 3

Can a dedicated solar converter keep the compost from freezing in a year-round composting toilet?

i'm considering installing a composing toilet in my cabin.  i have no electricity and only a woodstove on which to cook and...
Don Christensen 2

RV Power Needs

I have searched the internet far and wide and have yet to find someone who can tell me the answer to my question, in terms I can...
Don Price 7

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!