Technical Discussion: Other

Have a technical RE question that doesn't fit in our other categories? Looking for some specific advice from others in the RE community? Ask it here!

topics

Subject Started by Replies

Crystalline or Amorphous

Dear all, I want to install Solar module for my office (Grid Connected System) please someone recommend me between Crystalline o...
Charnon Chupong 2

DC Bulbs not working in some circuits?

Hello everyone!   I am running some compact florescent bulbs at a camp off the grid.   I was using an invert...
Truax McFarland 3

DC Connectors for Battery/Component Boxes

I'm trying to find economical and weather-resistant panel-mount connectors for the side of the battery and component boxes ...
Ethan Pease 2

DC Power

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my post.  I live in Gainesville, Florida and am working on a design project. &n...
Kyle Stoker 1

DC pump directly to PV Panel?

As a novice to the Solar PV industry, I have a lot to learn so here are my questions. 1.  Can I run a small DC cir...
Paul Rohrs 9

DC Source Center

Hi everyone, I have at the moment a 5kW wind turbine and around 1kW PV arrays and I want to connect them in order to ge...
Joel Salazar 0

DC timer needed

Hi,I need a DC timer for my DC appliances. Anyone knows of sites that has such products?Thx!
Robin Lim 5

DC Well Pump

I have a cabin and I am putting a well pump in. We will only use it a few days a month, and I am on a budget. The well is 160 ft...
Jerry Worley 2

DC-GFP Installation

I'm finally wiring up my breaker box and have a question regarding the GFP.  One end of the .5A breaker goes to ground...
Stephen Hagerman 3

Debugging a failed RV solar system

Hi, I purchased an RV Kit from altE store 4 years ago, comprising 2 80W panels, and a BZ240 charge controller. THe inst...
Chris Tann 9

Declination, Elevation, Complication -

What is the optimum angle to mount PV panels . . .? . . . I am in the far North West US (Olympic Peninsula).  I ha...
Jack Spamless 6

Deka 8G8D Batteries Float Time, Absorb Time, and Refloat voltage

I programmed my Outback MX60 Charge Controller for 24 volt Deka 8G8D batteries with no trouble.  I recently purchased an Ou...
James Coleman 2

Design Recommendations - Remote Garden Shed

Hi folks,                 I am planning to locate at 9x12 shed / Garden Office on my property. The bulding ...
Bill M 3

Detecting and Remedying a Phantom Load on Battery Bank

I have a 48V battery bank of 16 Trojan L16s (2 banks of 8 batteries connected in parallel), off-grid, serviced by 3600W solar an...
Dave B 7

Determine Charge Controller Watt Rating at Nom Batt Voltage

Good morning, In order to determine the number of charge controllers required for my system, I need to divide the Max Watts...
Chris Gr 4

Diagram of the Solsum 8.8X

Does anyone have the electrical diagram of the Solsum 8.8X ? I�m in the need of it, mine has stopped working.
Ricardo Gonzalez 1

Difference Between Polycrystalline and Multicrystalline

First off, total noob here. Yall are gonna love me or hate me so you might as well start picking a side. LOL Anywho, I ...
David Shuemake 2

differences between 12v to 24v or even 48v systemes

i would like to have the differences explained to me. i am on a 12v 5k aims mod sinwave with 2 deep cell 1020 amp with 400 min r...
robert critchley 2

Different Batteries connected in parallel

Hi, I have a number of solar batteries on a 12V system. The batteries are different makes and different capacities - 2 are 130Ah...
Nigel Morton 2

Different Battery Capacities in Parallel

Hi, newbie here, I have a boat with 3 4D 12V batteries in parallel and I would like to increase the battery bank capacity. ...
Douglas Simms 4

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!