Technical Discussion: Other

Have a technical RE question that doesn't fit in our other categories? Looking for some specific advice from others in the RE community? Ask it here!

topics

Subject Started by Replies

Solar system

Hiwe're new to all of this and we need to set up a solar power system on a bus/minibus that we're going to live in.  We wan...
clare tremaine 2

Wood burning stoves

Does anyone know of a wood and coal burning stove that they would recommend for use in an RV/bus?Thanks
clare tremaine 3

Heliodyne DHW Closed Loop AC Powered System Question

Folks I have a quick question for you in regard to a Heliodyne AC closed loop system. Should I install a UPS electric backup sys...
Clay H 5

Amp draw on storage batteries.

How do I figure the Amp draw on batteries, so I can size my battery bank? For example if I have an inverter putting out true...
Cody Boop 1

PWM Inverters

Ok, here's where I need refreshing. Are PWM sine wave output inverters true/pure sine wave? or are these the "near sin...
Craig Flanders 0

DR3624 configuration

LAST EDITED ON Jul-24-04 AT 04:02 PM (EST)Is it possible to disable the bypass relay on the DR series inverters, and if so,...
Curtiss Lonsbury 4

solar powered pool pump

Iwould like to use solar panels to power 2 pool pumps 12 hours daily, with an electricity load of 50 kilowatt hours/day. What wo...
cw kaiser 8

need a little help with my first solar experience

Hello , I started researching solar a couple of months ago in preparing to build my system this spring. First of all some backgr...
Damon Hyde 0

Thermosyphon Plans

Does anyone know of any DIY plans for building a thermosyphon hot water system?
Dan Antonioli 0

Newbie: Houseboat solar system suggestions

INFO: I am a part-owner of a house boat in northern Arizona. The boat sits in a slip about 1 day per week, connected to AC s...
Dan Baker 0

Solar recirculating pump system for solar pool heater.

I am new to solar, but I want to put together a system that will circulate water out of and into my pool.  I have made some sol...
Dan Busse 3

Solar sensor question

Hello.. I bought a house last year that has an active/closed loop system.  I have finally gotten the darn thing somewhat op...
Dan Jordan 3

Solar Differential Control

I have an old Solar Differential controller.. I bought new thermisters and it is now shutting on and off properly.. I THINK.. Du...
Dan Jordan 2

Proplyene Glycol Mix Vs RV Anti Freeze

Hola, In the past I have ran RV Anti Freeze in my Closed Loop Solar system..QUESTION:: Is the heat gained from each fluid c...
Dan Jordan 2

Leak in Collector plate

Hello .. I have an old solar hot water system.. it appears that my differential controller is screwed up (just ordered the SunEa...
Dan Jordan 0

Charging batteries in parallel w/portable charger

Could someone tell me if using a portable 12V "smart" charger to charge a bank of 12V batteries connected in parallel ...
Dan McAfee 0

Hydro Power trasmission questions

I'm wondering how reasonable it is to transmit power from a small stream to my house which is roughly 150 Metres away from the s...
Dan Scheunert 4

Pin assignment of DRI stacking interface cable for DR series

Hi, After a lightning strike I had troubles to get repaired my inverter DR2424 and had to buy a 2nd one. After finally some...
Dan Sy 2

solar/wind on Xantrex C35 and no charge from wind at night.

Sunforce 60 watts of solar, Air-X 400watt turbine both feeding a Xantrex C35 charge controller in PV charger mode (not worried a...
Daniel Johnson 5

HELP!!!

I am a newbie here and need help regarding wiring a set of 8 panels!! I have 8 Kyocera panels 120 watts for a 24 volt system.&nb...
Daniel McEachern 3

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!