Technical Discussion: Other

Have a technical RE question that doesn't fit in our other categories? Looking for some specific advice from others in the RE community? Ask it here!

topics

Subject Started by Replies

Solaroll water heater

I have and old Solaroll rubber mat solar water heater with copper manifold.  It has worked wonderfully for 28 years but now...
Sam Avery 5

Ballast system for flat roof

I will be installing a fairly large array on a flat membrane roof.  Does anyone have info on ballast systems, how much weig...
Sam Avery 0

Wind turbines and air blowers

Hola,I would like to connect an air blower (858 W; VAC: 115/230; Hz: 50/60; Amps 12.0/6.0) to a wind turbine that can supply eno...
Salvador Rego 2

tep Charger for Deep Cycle Batteries

Hi - newbie here but learning fast. I have 2 x 6 v deep cycle lead acid batteries (Rolls Surrette 4000) connected in series ...
Sally Errey 6

Specific Gravity - are my batteries charged or not?

Still learning my system: I have 2x 6 volt 400Amp hour Rolls/Surrette deep cycle batteries. Unfortunately, they stood unused for...
Sally Errey 16

Solar Panels

We have 8 large (4'X 8') solar panels on our roof.  They are not in use now.  We believe that they were original to th...
S. Redfield 1

Is a free Reynolds solar hot water system worth installing?

I have just been offered a free hot water system that I am considering installing on my house.  The system was installed in...
Ryan Williamson 1

Need a new Pump for a Reynolds Aluminum Crowntop Heat Exchanger

I am currently installing a  used Reynolds solar hot water system.  The domestic side water pump(not the collector pum...
Ryan Williamson 2

Best Insulation for Solar Hot Water Piping

I am currently installing a used Reynolds solar hot water system that was given to me.  The 3/4" Rubatex insulation ha...
Ryan Williamson 2

watt meter for DC

i'm starting a full 12V DC solar system and looking for a 12V DC power meter.  seems the kill-a-watt, only works with ...
Ryan Libre 10

Problems with "Search" on Outback VFX

I am a rookie when it comes to these systems (and electrical work in general), but I have loved learning as much as I can as fas...
Ryan Christianson 4

PV newbie question - parallel connect 2 different panels (15.8 and 16.5 volts)?

Hi all, First post here, glad to be aboard   I haven't seen this question answered yet, and wonder if someone...
Ryan Bond 3

What happens when you short circuit a PV while connected to the controller?

Hiya, I have a single Global Solar 12 volt, 12 watt panel, connected directly to a Morningstar SunSaver 10, which is th...
Ryan Bond 2

Charge controller and Diversion Load Controller on the same system?

Hi again all, So, my next project will be to set up a small system that will: a.) charge a battery via PV->...
Ryan Bond 8

Battery bank generator

Im want to build a small back-up 24 volt battery bank generator. I have a 125 amp, 24 volt electrodyne alternator, I want to tur...
Russell Rogers 2

DR1512 Problem

Help!  I set up a solar panel/battery/generator/DR1512 inverter arrangement for a missionary in Chad, Africa in 1999. ...
Russell Mullennix 6

Two Battery Banks?

Been running into a brick wall with this persuit. My system is 12v. My hydro puts out 20 amps. I'd like to have two battery...
Russell Hanson 11

240 transformer on inverter

I have a cabin on my property that is 600 feet from my power center. Instead of running a heavy line to it for occasional use I&...
Russell Hanson 1

stacking inverters

I've upgraded somewhat over time, still 12v tho. I use a Heart 2500 watt inverter in my shop, and have a trace DR1512 sitti...
Russell Hanson 4

240 Volt system options

My friend has an off-grid solar system with 1KW of panels and 24V battery bank and we are planning to add 120VAC service to Cabi...
Russel Behm 0

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!