Technical Discussion: Other

Have a technical RE question that doesn't fit in our other categories? Looking for some specific advice from others in the RE community? Ask it here!

topics

Subject Started by Replies

stacking inverters

1.If I stack 2 2524 outback inverters what will the advantage be in terms of power produced and battery charging amps. 2. Wh...
Donald Bodda 1

240 transformer on inverter

I have a cabin on my property that is 600 feet from my power center. Instead of running a heavy line to it for occasional use I&...
Russell Hanson 1

Tree mounting wind turbine

I just purchased the Air X wind turbine (400W 12V) has anyone ever mounted one in  tree ? Any advise on doing this?
Calvin Ringley 1

Hybrid System

For a Hybrid System (Wind and Solar), do you need a device to regulate between them, since both generate electricity in differen...
Jack Smith 1

Supplemental Energy Source

I would like to supplement my current energy source with a solar air heater. I live in an extremely cold climate where the ...
Don Stiles 1

HELP!-- Electrical Certification Troubles

Installing a hybrid system... with Outback PS-1-- and Southwest Turbine-- State INspectors want "UL" type approva...
Gerritt Baker-Smith 1

Retrofit - using solar shingles

I have an old 3 story, 2 family Victorian in southeastern CT.  I'm faced with replacing the roof this year or next and was...
Carol Martin 1

parabolic solar concentrators verses flat panel hot water heaters

I have been very surprised that there never has been much information or attention to the 8' parabolic concentrator dishes ...
Raymond Cayer 1

How to increase electric output

Iwould like to know how to increase electric output on a micro-hydro system. What are the variables? Magnet strengh, size, size ...
Dave Diaz 1

Testing Solar Panels

I have several PV panels that have been installed at various times over many years. I suspect that some have degraded or failed ...
Jim Sluyter 1

waterwheels...

hi,i was interested in information for water pumps...I was interested in installing a mini working waterwheel in a fountain situ...
Bret Burroughs 1

noise level of whisper 500 wind turbine

I am thinking of installing a Whisper 500 air turbine, and am concerned about the ambient noise level, as the installation is cl...
Henry White 1

Panels to Battery Bank

I have been given four 50 watt Kyocera panels and 3 four volt Surette batteries. The best sun is 150 feet away from storage buil...
Steve McGowan 1

help

hi dears; i want to select a motor for a blower.i don't know what kind of motors must be selected and what characterist...
Amin Abbasi 1

Grundfos pumps

Does anyone know what the Grundfos helical roitor submersible well pumps will do if they receive more power from the solar array...
Robert Landau 1

Questionnaire for site surveying to install a solar PV system

Hi everyone! Can I get a questionnaire prepared for site survey of a solar PV system which includes the following. ...
Dare Devils 1

Combining Sharp 224w panels

Hello; I have 2 Sharp 224w panels that I want to combine voltage on.  Can someone advise me on what I can use for ...
Stephen Hagerman 1

Lorentz vs. Grundofs Pumps

Trying to get some feedback on Lorentz and Grundfos pumps.  We are about to install two remote livestock watering pumps on ...
Morgan Bassam 1

Sunlinq 6.5Watt 12V Portable Power Pack with iPod

Hi I would like to buy Sunlinq 6.5Watt 12V Portable Power Pack and use it to charge my iPod. I saw also Global Solar iPod Ac...
Pavel Dusicka 1

Battery size calculation based on insolation and load

How to find the size of the battery ie., based on load or based on the solar insolation. If i hav a laod requireme...
Tech Guy 1

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!