Technical Discussion: Other

Have a technical RE question that doesn't fit in our other categories? Looking for some specific advice from others in the RE community? Ask it here!

topics

Subject Started by Replies

Q: PL-PLT "Plastic Pelton Wheel "

Hello, We need information about the maximum r.p.m and the maximum power that can be supplied by the Plastic Pelton Wheel &q...
Ahmad Zbeeb 0

Waterproof Junction Box?

I want to drill a 2 inch hole in my workshop wall. And then run a length of conduit from my DC500 outback box out through the ne...
Parker Jardine 0

Xantrex C12 12A, 12V Lighting Controller

I recently bought the above lighting controller however I set it on Dusk to Dawn feature but the light stays on during the day. ...
Amelita Puga 0

Lighting strikes

Help what to do , I have been hit by lighting twice in the past year, the 1st time it just shut down my inverter and the last ti...
Donald Bodda 0

new pv textbook released and on Alt-E website

hey gang, i am really excited about this new textbook that came out.  I was totally blown away by the depth and quality.&nb...
James Cormican 0

Running DC electronics from 24V source

Hi all, I'm new to solar.  We will soon have a 24V off-grid solar system.  I'm interested in powering a...
Michael Blaha 0

air conditioning systems whit solar panels

I`m looking information for mini-split or conditioning systems working whit solar panels and the dealer near California or Arizo...
Frank Gambale 0

240 Volt system options

My friend has an off-grid solar system with 1KW of panels and 24V battery bank and we are planning to add 120VAC service to Cabi...
Russel Behm 0

Homegrown solar power gable mount attic ventilation

I am reposting this in the correct forum topic. I watched the video of the gable fan install and it is very straightfor...
Todd Lyons 0

Solar tube lights

How much HEAT comes down the tube along with the light? In addition to venting the room, does an exhaust fan kit help pull some ...
Bill Burgin 0

need help Will this work

Hi all.. a NEWBE here at AltE. I'm gathering  hardware required for a solar project for my RV. Looking for advice ...
big D Seymour 0

charge controller with Ametek permanent magnet motor

Hello,I am putting together a microhydro system using a 20V Ametek permanent magnet motor with a waterwheel. I need a charge con...
joe wood 0

Newbie needs help with getting started ASAP.

Hello, Please dont laugh at me. Any and all help will be very greatly appreciated. I am buying a small acreage in Missouri and w...
Kimberley Miller 1

green exterior insulation systems?

Hi everybody, I am looking around for a green alternative to phenolic foam panels and polyicicyanurate panels. They are not...
Tony Larson 1

Inverter for low Vdc

I just read the post by Paul Latina about grid tied low power devices and the response by Chris Brown gave a listing of supplies...
William Wurtz 1

grounding panels

I have questions about grounding solar panels. I'm a little confused about sizing the grounding wire. If I'm using 10 ...
Paul Klements 1

Solar well pump prodject

My nephew wanted to learn about solar power so we decided to get the well running off of solar energy. Now to save face in front...
Richard Crews 1

LONG RUN CABLE in AC or DC?

My 1000w wind turbine produces 3 phase AC and is 500 ft from the house. Should I run the AC current to the house and then conver...
Paul Nicholson 1

battery supply to transfer switch

I am not sure if this is feasible, but I have a 6 circuit manual transfer switch with a 240 volt plug that I use with my generat...
David Jacobs 1

Global Sun Oven Smell

I love my solar oven.  I bought it in March and have been using it frequently throughout the summer.  My only problem ...
Aine Ni Cheallaigh 1

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!