waterwheels...

1 Posts
Oct 2, 2007 12:33 pm
waterwheels...

hi,i was interested in information for water pumps...I was interested in installing a mini working waterwheel in a fountain situation...i.e. the waterwheel would help to generate power for the small pump... if anyone knows anything about this or could point me in the right direction your help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks
bret

1 Posts
Oct 2, 2007 10:13 pm
Re: waterwheels...

This is a very interesting scenario.  Most of the time people are trying to get a perpetual motion machine with this setup, but what you want is a different animal.  For me a waterwheel looks best running under load so I totally understand where you are coming from.  I would go with a complete DC setup.  I would get some blocking diodes, and some surplus permanent magnet motors.  I don't know what scale you are going for, but it sounds like a very educational project.  I was just testing some motors last weekend with diodes for making a stationary bike generator, and I was having great success(fun).  It makes sense and can be done.  I can't wait to hear about it and see pictures. 

I just thought that is may also be interesting to have the water wheel run a seperate separateal water pump.  I like belts, pulleys, shafts and the like.  Anything to slow it down and fill the buckets up while doing something that is useful.... 
« Last Edit: Oct 2, 2007 10:18 pm by ERIC JAMES »

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!