Technical Discussion: Other

Have a technical RE question that doesn't fit in our other categories? Looking for some specific advice from others in the RE community? Ask it here!

topics

Subject Started by Replies

convert a lantern that has no electrical to solar lighting

On our cottage we have 3 lanterns about 18 inches long and about 6 inches wide at the widest part and narrow down a point at the...
Mary Forbes 0

What solar panels do I need?

I have a well pump(Grundfos 11 Sqf-2)that runs on 30 to 300vdc.  I want to hook up solar panels to pump during the day.&nbs...
John Erwin 0

Sine Wave Inverter Selection

I am about ready to upgrade to a sine wave inverter. I know the many advantages over modified sine wave but not all of the varia...
Jim Sluyter 0

inverter

I have a DC 6 volt 8amp. gel battery.  I need to convert it to output 10-24 volt DC.  Does anyone make a small light w...
Ken 0

Eco-friendly Travel Tips

The number of people who travel for business or pleasure is increasing every year. It is important that people are aware of Eco ...
Robert Mathew 0

Eco-friendly Birthdays Tips

It’s your kid’s birthday and you must celebrate it in an eco-friendly way. Know how to celebrate eco-friendly birthdays so t...
Robert Mathew 0

Computer/Monitor

I'm looking into powering a computer and monitor for about 12 hours of daily use. My tower has a 300 Watt power supply (Im runni...
jack 0

Inexpensive battery bank charging ....

My system... 300 watts of solar panels, Solar boost 2512x controller, 14 deep-cycle 220 amp/hr batteries wired in series for 12 ...
Tim Dederick 0

Eco - friendly Tips for Tree Recycling

Having a natural Christmas tree adds a certain charm to the festive season. But after a season what about trees? The answer is s...
Robert Mathew 0

xantrex sw4048

I have 2 for the 220v or 110. The voltage reads  226 v  untill I put a load like a toaster then it reads 118 to1...
James Anspaugh 0

Save Energy While Using Holiday Lights

We pay more money on electricity bills,heating,cooling bills. Now a days various energy efficient appliances are available which...
Robert Mathew 0

Geo Solar Homes

Geo solar homes utilize energy from both the sun and earth for heating and cooling purposes. In these homes, solid wood walls su...
Robert Mathew 0

solar heating for pool in Italy and associated UV cleaning

Being a novice in alternative energy, I am seeking advice as to what are the options for solar heating and UV cleaning for a pla...
John Murray 0

Morningstar Sunsaver MPPT PC MeterBus Adapter

I have the Morningstar Sun Saver Duo. I want to add the Morningstar Sunsaver MPPT PC MeterBus Adapter to my system. Since neithe...
Jimmie O 0

Hot Yoga and Renewable Energy

Hi Guys, I will be opening a Hot yoga studio in Nashville and was hoping someone could give me ideas on how to heat the stud...
Wendii Brooks 0

Power requirements for backpacking / bike camping setup

I am considering purchasing a foldable solar panel which will primarily be used to charge my Batterygeek Portable Power Sta...
Scott Stewart 0

Charging batteries in parallel w/portable charger

Could someone tell me if using a portable 12V "smart" charger to charge a bank of 12V batteries connected in parallel ...
Dan McAfee 0

Leak in Collector plate

Hello .. I have an old solar hot water system.. it appears that my differential controller is screwed up (just ordered the SunEa...
Dan Jordan 0

Amps Info

Hi All I am interested in purchasing the Air X 400w turbine. Question How much amps does the device put out at low and high spee...
Walwyn D 0

PWM Inverters

Ok, here's where I need refreshing. Are PWM sine wave output inverters true/pure sine wave? or are these the "near sin...
Craig Flanders 0

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!