Technical Discussion: Other

Have a technical RE question that doesn't fit in our other categories? Looking for some specific advice from others in the RE community? Ask it here!

topics

Subject Started by Replies

Grid synchronizer

I'm looking for the equipment that can synchronize a small generator (5kw to 20kw) with the grid so I can use the generator to r...
greg pearson 8

blade dimensions for a wincharger 1222

Hello, I have an old 12V/200W Wincharger (1222 model) with 2 blades made out of one piece of wood (diameter being 72&qu...
Bert Van Hoye 8

Solar Panel Prices going up!

HiWhy are solar panels prices going up? I've read that it's due to raw material shortages!! I was expecting solar panels to beco...
Brian Ellul 8

Flaky Phocos charge controller and USB datalogger?

Here is a condensed version of a message I sent to the Phocos e-mail - and they haven't replied.  I bought the Phocos ...
Michel Maupoux 8

solar powered pool pump

Iwould like to use solar panels to power 2 pool pumps 12 hours daily, with an electricity load of 50 kilowatt hours/day. What wo...
cw kaiser 8

MX-60 question

I have 6 Solarworld 175w panels currently connected in parallel to an MX-60. Each panel runs into an combiner box at the array, ...
Andy D 8

Beginner questions...want to start small.

Hi all, I'm new here, and just wanting to start dabbling in solar/battery backup applications. I figure m...
Steve H 7

Solar Hot Water Loop maximum storage temp

I have a home with radient floor heat (one large living room tile over cement radiant) and the other carpet over cement radiant....
Larry Saupe 7

Hot breakers

I’ve just put in a 14-solar panel system with a DR1524 inverter.  Everything went very well except that we had a bit of a...
Eagle Resources 7

how to set up a battery based PV system with GRID BACKUP

Yes, you read that right. I live in Hawaii, where the utility rates are .$.40-$.50/kWh. I want to design a system that relies on...
Benjamin S 7

What's the typical voltage on a fully charged battery?

I have four 12V deep cycle battery batteries hooked in parallel in our small solar system.  I'd like to know what the typic...
Bone Scavenger 7

Parallel 2 charge controllers

Hi, I have a 24v system that has a max of 70a. I already have one Xantrex C35 controller (half my panels are turned off) and...
Paul S 7

Diversion Loads/Dump Loads

I am an electro-mechanical technician by profession for almost three decades now, so don't really consider myself 'In ...
William Summers 7

120vac timers - to reduce net load from phantom load devices

Goal: Reduce total net consumption for a very specific set of devices. ( primarily battery chargers for tools ) Questio...
Keith Birchfield 7

Wattage for a Wind Turbine - what does it mean?

I was looking at the Air Breeze information as compared to the Air X and noticed that the Air Breeze is rated at 200W while the ...
Jonathan Hunt 7

Permanent Magnet DC Motor wiring question

I now have my DC motor hooked up properly to my batteries.  My DC motor is run by pedaling an exercise bike.  I am usi...
Mark Hartford 7

solar thermal drain down ? relief vlv / vacume brake

my question is i would think there would have to be some kind of vacume break at the top of the collector to be able to drain do...
David Leighow 7

Sunny WebBox installation troubles

Hello, I noticed that James Cormican had recently completed training with SMA.  I just had a 6Kw PV system installed and ha...
Joseph Dixon 7

System requirements

I have an outdoor large item vending machine on it's  own trailer. It uses 110v ac,20 amp.I would like to convert ...
John Laughlin 7

Charging Batteries from PV - Balance the Relationship

If I have: (1) 170watt PV running at a net peak of 4 hours per day. how many 105amp hour batteries can I charge ... noth...
Keith Birchfield 7

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!