- FEATURED PRODUCTS
- Solar Panels
- Solar Power Systems
- Battery Backup Solar Power Systems
- Productos Solares en Puerto Rico
- Charge Controllers
- Deep Cycle Batteries
- MORE PRODUCTS
- Cables & Wiring
- Enclosures, Electrical & Safety
- Heat Pump Water Heaters
- Inverter Power Panels & PreWired Systems
- Meters, Communications & Site Analysis
- Portable Power Systems
- Solar Panel Mounts
- Solar Water Pumps
- Voltage Converters
- Wind Turbines
- Books & Educational Videos
- * Clearance Sale *
Base Kit 2 Off-Grid 4.88kW Residential Solar Power System
|Item code||Model number|
|KITOFFGRIDBASE2||Off-Grid 4.88kW System|
Off Grid 4.88kW Solar Power SystemLet altE help you with your off grid system and make it easy to decide which one is best for you!
- First, you need to decide what your daily power needs are. This will help determine which size system is appropriate for you. If you need help sizing a system for your off grid home, start by checking out our Off Grid System Calculator.
- Next, find where you live on the map below. This will show you he amount of daily power, in hours, received each day, on an optimally tilted surface during the time of year when there's the least amount of sun.
- Then, what type of energy storage is best for your needs? Do you like low maintenance, lowest cost option, longest cycle life? See the Battery Option chart below to help you decide.
- Lastly - how do you want to mount your system? Is your roof in good shape, free from tree/building shadows, and south facing? Or do you have enough open land to do a ground mount or pole mount system? What's your climate where you live- do you have heavy snow loads?
How much power will I get from this system?
Base Components of this Off Grid System:
The solar panels and the pre-wired inverter/charge controller system and components are included in the base kit. Battery bank and Mounting solutions are options that you can add on.
Off-Grid 4.88kW Solar Power System Includes:
|REC 305 Watt Mono Solar Panel||16|
|50' MC4 Connector Cable #10 AWG||2|
|100' MC4 Connector Cable #10 AWG||2|
|Wiley PV Cable Clips||20|
|Disconnect Key for Solar Panel Connector Cables||1|
|1/2" Strain Relief, 2 Round Holes/Locknut||4|
|1/2" Strain Relief, 1 Round Holes/Locknut||1|
|Midnite Solar MNPV12 Combiner Box||1|
|Midnite Solar MNEPV20-300 20A, 300VDC Din Rail Breaker||4|
|altE Pre-Wired Power Panel - Magnum MSPAE-4448 Inverter and Magnum PT100 MPPT Charge Controller||1|
|Solar Surge Protection Device - 300V DC||1|
|altE Battery to Inverter Cables, 4/0 10', Pair||1|
For Battery Bank Options, decide from the table below and add to cart above:
|Battery Type||Trojan L-16-RE-B Premium Flooded Lead Acid Battery
||Outback EnergyCell 200NC Sealed AGM Battery
||KiloVault Lithium Battery
|Battery Bank Item Code||KIT2BATTOPTFLA||KIT2BATTOPTAGM||KIT2BATTOPTLION|
|# of Batteries in Kit
(Necessary cables/access also included)
|(16) Trojan L-16-RE-B Flooded Lead Acid Batteries||(12) Outback 200NC Sealed AGM Batteries||(4) KiloVault 3.6kWh Lithium Batteries|
|Maximum Recommended Depth of Discharge (DoD)||50%||50%||80%|
|# Cycles at Max Recommended DoD||1600||2600||5000|
|Battery Amp-Hours (C/20 Charge Rate)||370 Ah||178 Ah||300 Ah|
|Battery Watt-Hours (C/20 Charge Rate)||2220 Wh||2136 Wh||3600 Wh|
|Total Battery Bank Capacity (C/20)||35.5 kWh||25.6 kWh||14.4 kWh|
|Maximum Useable Capacity
at Max DoD
|17.76 kWh||12.81 kWh||11.5 kWh|
|Average Price Per Battery||$359||$499||$2279|
|Average Cost/kWh Cycle*||$.20||$.18||$.15|
|Average Lifespan||7 years||8 Years||13 Years|
|Operating Temperature Range||-20° to 45°C||-23° to 60°C||0° to 45°C|
|Weight||118 lbs||131 lbs||85 lbs|
|Warranty||2 Years||2 Years||3 Years|
|Country of Origin||USA||China||China|
|Pros||Smart Carbon technology for 15% improved cycle life.
Least expensive option up front.
|Nano Carbon technology improves charge/discharge.
Avg cost up front.
Modular and lightweight.
No cooling or ventilation needed.
Lowest lifetime cost.
|Cons||Maintenance required (watering).
Replacement costs (~4X over life of solar system).
Requires ventilation due to off-gassing.
Limited to 4 strings in parallel.
|Replacement costs (~4X over life of solar system).||Highest up front cost.|
*Average Cost/kWh Cycle = (Avg Price Battery/(# Cycles x DoD X Wh)) x 1000
For Mounting Options, decide from the table below and add to cart above:
|Mounting Type||Roof Mount Option
||Ground Mount Option
Top of Pole Mount Option
|Mounting Option Item Code||KIT2ROOFOPT||KIT2GROUNDOPT||KIT2TOPPOLEOPT|
|Kit Includes||IronRidge XR100 11' Rails, clamps, and flashing||IronRidge XR1000 14' Rails, clamps, and caps/connectors||(Qty 2) MT Solar 9 Module Mount, IronRidge Rails XR1000 11' Rails, Clamps|
|Snow Load PSF||Up to 70 PSF||Up to 90 PSF||Up to 50 PSF|
Recommended Add-Ons for this Kit:
|Recommended Add-Ons Wind Option|
|Part Number||Item Description|
|SOUAIR40-48V||Primus Air 40 48V Wind Turbine|
|SOUAIR-STOPSWCH||Primus 3-Position Stop Switch for Wind Turbines|
|SOUAIR-TTU-27||Primus 27ft Tilt Up Tower Kit|
|SOUAIR-TTU-45||Primus 45ft Tilt Up Tower Kit|
|OUTPNL-5-AC/DC||5A 150VDC 120VAC Panel Mount Breaker|
|Recommended Add-Ons Batteries|
|Part Number||Item Description|
|OUTIBR-2-48-175||Outback 2-Shelf AGM Battery Rack 48V|
|OUTIBR-3-48-175||Outback 3-Shelf AGM Battery Rack 48V|
|GENHYDROMETER||Hydrometer for Flooded Battery option|
|GENWATERFILLER||Distilled Water Filler Jug for Flooded Batteries|
|ZEPPVENT-12V||Zephyr Power Vent 12V Box for Flooded Batteries|
|DPW-CSE||DPW Chest Style Enclosure for Flooded Batteries|
* To take a look at technical spec pages, installation manuals, warranty information, etc. click on each item in the chart to go to that Spec Page.
This item is a package made up of the following components. Please call to speak to a sales representative to learn about other options which may be available.
- 16 x REC Solar TwinPeak2 305 Watt Mono Solar Panels
- 2 x Multi-Contact 50' MC4 Connector Extension #10 AWG
- 2 x Multi-Contact 100' MC4 Connector Extension #10 AWG
- 20 x Wiley Electronics PV- Cable Clip ACC-PV (Stainless Steel)
- 1 x Disconnect Key for MC4 Connectors
- 1 x Midnite Solar MNPV12-250 Combiner Box
- 4 x Midnite Solar 20 Amp 300VDC Din Rail Mount Breaker
- 1 x Midnite Solar Surge Protection Device 300VDC and 120/240 VAC
- 4 x 1/2 Inch 2 Hole Strain Relief with Lock Nut
- 1 x 1/2 Inch Single Hole Strain Relief with Lock Nut
- 1 x altE Pre-Wired System Magnum MSPAE-4448 Inverter with Magnum PT100
- 1 x Battery to Inverter Cables, 4/0 AWG 10Ft (120"), Red/Black Pair
There are no reviews for this product.