- * Clearance Sale *
- 2016 Installer Conference
- Books & Educational Videos
- Cables & Wiring
- Charge Controllers
- Deep Cycle Batteries
- Enclosures, Electrical & Safety
- Foldable / Flexible Solar Panels
- Inverter Power Panels
- Lighting & Fans
- Meters, Communications & Site Analysis
- Portable Power Systems
- Refrigerators & Freezers
- Solar Panel Mounts & Trackers
- Solar Panels
- Solar Power Systems
- Solar Water Heating
- Solar Water Pumps
- Voltage Converters
- Wind Turbines
Kyocera KD140GX-LFBS 140W 12V Solar Panel
Currently In Stock: 16Estimate Shipping
|Item code||Model number||Volts||Watts||Connector Type|
See the difference between the SX and GX models of the Kyocera KD140 Solar Panel:
Kyocera Solar Inc.
KD Series (GX) 140W, 12V Solar Panel
Kyocera Solar has developed the KD series of solar panels, which is ideal for off-grid solar applications. The KD140 is offered in 2 different versions - the SX and the GX. So how do you decide to use which one, and why? The multicrystalline solar cells and aluminum frame are identical between the two. Really, the big difference is how you connect them in your system. But here are some important points to help you decide:
- The GX version has a sealed junction box on the back with PV wire and +/- SMK solar connectors. This makes it convenient to wire them in series with other solar panels, so it's useful for when you have multiple panels in your array.
- The GX is also suitable for mobile systems, like a boat or RV, where you need to disconnect and store the panels for some time. There is a disconnect key that makes it easy to do so for the GX version.
- The SX version, comes with a junction box only- no cables. It has 2 water tight strain releifs inside the junction box to allow for a water tight seal around the wires. This lets you to open up the junction box and do your own wiring, so it's useful when you're installing the panel on a boat, for example, and want to use marine grade wire.
- The SX panel, then, is ideal for a smaller solar system with only 1 or 2 panels.
Kyocera has been in the solar industry for over 35 years, and is committed to advanced cell processing technology. Their automated production facilities have produced a multi-crystalline solar cell with an efficiency of over 16%. All Kyocera solar panels are constructed using a tempered glass front, EVA pottant and a PVF backing to provide maximum protection from the most severe environmental conditions. The entire laminate is framed in a heavy duty anodized aluminum frame to provide structural strength and ease of installation. Because Kyocera solar modules are so efficient, less space is required than other solar panels of equal output. This translates to both more wattage per square foot and lower mounting structure cost.
- New frame technology allows for end mounting under 2400 Pa (50 psf) and traditional mounting under 5400 Pa (113 psf)
- Strong, sturdy aluminum box frame with crossbars on the back side of module for greater support and stability in harsh environmental conditions
- UV stabilized, aesthetically pleasing black anodized finish
- Supported by all major mounting structure manufacturers
- Grounding points on all four corners for easy access and faster installation
- Proven junction box technology with PV wire and SMK connectors
- Quality locking plug-in connectors to provide safe & quick connections
- 25-year limited power output warranty and a 10-year workmanships warranty (see Product Documentation section above for details)
|Model||Max Power||Voltage at Max Power||Current at Max Power||Open Circuit Voltage||Short Circuit Current||Series Fuse Rating||Dimensions
|KD140GX-LFBS||140 W||17.7 V||7.91 A||22.1 V||8.68 A||15 A||59.06" x 26.3" x 1.8"
(1500 x 668 x 46 mm)
Kyocera multi-crystalline photovoltaic modules exceed government specifications for the following tests:
- Thermal cycling test
- Thermal shock test
- Thermal/Freezing and high humidity cycling test
- Electrical insolation test
- Hail impact test
- Mechanical, wind and twist loading test
- Salt mist test
- Light and water exposure test
- Field exposure test