- FEATURED PRODUCTS
- Solar Panels
- Solar Power Systems
- Productos Solares en Puerto Rico
- Charge Controllers
- Deep Cycle Batteries
- Solar Panel Mounts
- MORE PRODUCTS
- Cables & Wiring
- Enclosures, Electrical & Safety
- Heat Pump Water Heaters
- Inverter Power Panels & PreWired Systems
- Meters, Communications & Site Analysis
- Portable Power Systems
- Solar Water Pumps
- Voltage Converters
- Wind Turbines
- Books & Educational Videos
- * Clearance Sale *
Morningstar Tristar TS-MPPT-30, 30A MPPT Charge Controller
|Item code||Brand name||Model number||Amps|
Includes Remote Temperature Sensor.
TriStar MPPT Charge Controllers
Morningstar TriStar MPPT solar controller with TrakStar Technology™ is an advanced maximum power point tracking (MPPT) battery charger for off-grid photovoltaic (PV) systems up to 3kW. The controller provides the industry’s highest peak efficiency of 99% and significantly less power loss compared to other MPPT controllers.
The TS MPPT 60 features a smart tracking algorithm that maximizes the energy harvest from the PV by rapidly finding the solar array peak power point with extremely fast sweeping of the entire I-V curve. This product is the first PV controller to include on-board Ethernet for a fully web-enabled interface and includes up to 200 days of data logging.
|Maximum Battery Current||30 amps|
|Nominal Maximum Solar Input|
|12 volt||400 Watts|
|24 volt||800 Watts|
|48 volt||1600 Watts|
|Nominal System Voltage||12, 24, 36 or 48 volts DC|
|Maximum Solar Open Circuit Voltage||150 volts DC|
Five Year Warranty, see Product Documentation section above for details.
- Maximizes Energy Harvest - TrakStar MPPT Technology features:
- Better peak power point tracking than other MPPT controllers
- Very fast sweeping of the entire I-V curve
- Recognition of multiple power points during shading or mixed PV arrays
- Excellent performance at sunrise and low solar insolation levels
Extremely High Reliability
- Robust thermal design and no cooling fans
- Parallel circuit design provides less stress and longer life for electronic components
- No mechanical relays
- Extensive electronic protections including PV short circuit protection
- Epoxy encapsulated inductors and conformally coated printed circuit boards
- Very High Efficiency Peak efficiency of 99%
- Proprietary tracking algorithm minimizes power losses
- Low self-consumption
- Continuous operation at full power to 45°C without need to de-rate
- Selected electronic devices with higher ratings to minimize losses from heating
- Extensive Networking and
- Enables system monitoring, data logging and adjustability.
Uses open standard MODBUS™ protocol and Morningstar’s
MS View software.
- Meterbus: communications between compatible Morningstar products
- Serial RS-232: connection to a personal computer
- EIA-485: communications between multiple devices on a bus
- Ethernet: fully web-enabled interface to a local network or internet; view from a web browser or send email/text messages.
- Enables system monitoring, data logging and adjustability. Uses open standard MODBUS™ protocol and Morningstar’s
- Metering and Data Logging
- Optional TriStar meter and remote meter provides detailed operating data, alarms and faults
- Three LED’s display system status
- Up to 200 days of data logging via meters or communications ports
- Charging algorithm 4-stage
- Charging stages Bulk, Absorption, Float, Equalize
- Temperature Compensation
- Coefficient –5mV/°C/cell (25° ref)
- Range –30°C to +80°C
- Set points Absorption, Float, Equalize, HVD
- Note: Remote Temperature Sensor is included.
- Morningstar TS-M-2 TriStar Digital Meter for TriStar Controllers
- Morningstar TS-RM-2 TriStar Remote Digital Meter for TS-MPPT
- Morningstar MeterHub Communication Hub
- Morningstar Relay Driver - Logic Module Accessory
There are no reviews for this product.