Small wind installer near central Maine

1 Posts
Jul 20, 2006 12:49 pm
Small wind installer near central Maine

Hi All,
I'm looking to expand my PV system to a hybrid PV/wind system.
I've purchased a an Air X wind turbine, and now I'd like to install it.
Trouble is I'm not sure this is someting I can do myself. I'd like to know if anyone knows of a small wind installer  in Maine.
If not, does anyone have any suggestions on how I should proceed and how hard it is to install your own.

Many Thanks,

Brian

Jul 22, 2006 06:36 am
Re: Small wind installer near central Maine

Trouble is I'm not sure this is someting I can do myself.

If there is anything that our human culture on this planet Earth is not short of its cliches. Some designed to encourage someone in a time of doubt.

Sometimes one must get outside of the problem in order to "see" it from a different perspective and by doing so the solution sometimes reveals itself. Its finding the right perspective. That can be different from person to person, day to day. The duties I perform at work include troubleshooting industrial motor control circuits and a lot of the time I am coming in after several people have added and or deleted control devices and circuitry. It can be a real "rats nest" at times and most of the time I have to perform while the plant is in production. I have been told "focus on the tree not the forest." 

Fortune favors the bold.

Necessity is the father of invention.

Nothing ventured nothing gained.

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing." - Helen Keller

Ok so that last on is not a cliche be it applies all the same. Then there is my favorite - "Proceed with CAUTION" - which is really an encouragement when you think about. Otherwise it would say "KEEP OUT".

22 Posts
Jul 22, 2006 04:31 pm

Hello Brian;
 First check the best area for your turbine. You should be 30ft. above the treeline within a few hundred feet or so. Check http://www.otherpower.com/otherpower_wind_towers.html
 This site gives you all you need to know for a do-it-yourselfer.
   Steve

1 Posts
Jul 25, 2006 12:05 pm

Brian,

Yes can do this yourself. I have installed an AirX on a 27 foot tower with guy wires over a year ago and am now in the process of installing a 45 foot tower. Every thing worked as expected on the 27 foot tower and the system has endured 4 seasons of weather without a problem (I live in Michigan).

What I have learned is location and height is everything when it comes to these smaller systems. My first system was really just a feasibility test. Once I saw the AirX start producing power I was hooked! So now I am going to the next phase of this project by putting the turbine higher.

It would take me pages to impart everything I learned the hard way, but if you have specific questions I will be glad to help you out.

Best Regards

Joe Tomashik

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!