Need help with Solar water heating,Collectors

2 Posts
May 16, 2004 08:31 pm
Need help with Solar water heating,Collectors

Hello I live near Canada where we get -30 during winter. I have A indirect hot water heater,in conjunction with home hot water boiler.
Would like to go solar for my DHW and store extra for home use. My delema is, with so many solar collectors out there what are the best from experience. I would like in-put on the 12 v. p/v systems as they sound the most simple system to run.
I will be running a glycol system. What heat exchanger perform the best? And what 12 volt pmps seem to run the best.
I am using a bell and gosset + taco pumps for my existing system now.
My home is around 2500 sq. ft. any idea as to what might be needed for collectors to hedge in winter with solar.
 Thanks all,Chuck

8 Posts
May 31, 2004 08:53 am
Re: Need help with Solar water heating,Collectors

Chuck, any good quality copper panel with anodized aluminum frame should work and last nearly a lifetime...you can run your glycol loop directly into your existing indirect hot water heater loop..as long as the rest of the heating system has a glycol solution as well....if you want more storage then you could add a second hxchgr tank such as a superstor.....3 -4 hot water panels should do you...as for the 12 v pump...some do not have the power to lift water if the panels are high on a roof....a small DC - AC inverter could run a taco pump

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!