Technical Discussion: Other

Have a technical RE question that doesn't fit in our other categories? Looking for some specific advice from others in the RE community? Ask it here!

topics

Subject Started by Replies

Preparing an off-grid system - Comments? Concerns?

Hello, I am preparing to purchase an off-grid RE system.  I am planning on using the following components, but have no ...
Dustin D 6

MC vs MC2

I just bought a pair of Mitsubishi panels here, and will probably be buying 6-10 more as I put more load on my new off-grid hybr...
Travis M 6

Installation of Solar Panels in a Hurricane-prone area

Hi all: My wife and I are building a home in Belize. The entire structure will be concrete including the roof which will hav...
Douglas Bray 6

Lakota "900W" turbine mounting

I wonder if anyone can tell me what pipe size is required to mount one of the subject turbines on.  It looks like I should ...
tom doyle 6

Can I tie these modules together? ES180 and SW100C

Are these two panels compatible? Evergreen ES180 RL/SL 180W 18V Solar Panel http://www.altestore.com/store/Solar-Pa...
Keith Birchfield 6

Wind, Solar Hybrid merging power problem

I'm building a small wind and solar hybrid system. My problem is safely merging the two power sources through some kind of ...
Will Williams 6

PV array

What is the most common point of failure for a photovoltaic system.  PV panel? connection point? PV panel?  wiring? &#...
David A 6

Charge controller & inverter running at the same time

I have a fundamental confusion/question on how a charge controller and an inverter interact (I'm very new to this). ...
Michael McCandless 6

Overloading a gridtie inverter

I have a SW4024 inverter with a GTI and battery bank to allow me to gridtie.The 4024 can handle approx 178 amps.Right now I have...
Richard Zieglgansberger 6

DR1512 Problem

Help!  I set up a solar panel/battery/generator/DR1512 inverter arrangement for a missionary in Chad, Africa in 1999. ...
Russell Mullennix 6

tep Charger for Deep Cycle Batteries

Hi - newbie here but learning fast. I have 2 x 6 v deep cycle lead acid batteries (Rolls Surrette 4000) connected in series ...
Sally Errey 6

Off grid Wireless hotspot

Can anyone tell me what size equipment kit or products I will need for the following... A remote off grid wireless hots...
Paul Edwards 6

Wind noise and vibration of wind generators roof mounted

I am thinking of mounting a couple of AIR X (marine version) on the roof of my house which is wooden with a steel roof. I ha...
Chris Harris 6

Can I use......

Hello all! I am wondering if I can use some spare UPS style batteries that I have on hand (eg. SLA 12-12AH @ 3.6A & SLA...
Steve Wingfield 6

Air-X Bad Experience

I have metered two Air-X turbines and could not get more that 1 amp out of steady 15-20 mph winds, and peak brief (1/2 second) a...
John Wiman 6

Morningstar Prostar 15A with AC/DC Adapter for input

Well, this is not really a solar application, but I just wanted to know if it is possible to use the Morningstar Prostar 15A or ...
Issac Mathew 6

Remote power supply needed to power heat tape.

At 11,650 feet, I have a need to keep a two feet section of pipe with standing water from freezing. I may have this wrong, but i...
Tom Van Arsdale 6

AGM Batteries - Do They Vent?

Do AGM Batteries vent? I'm mostly worried about the fact that I am going to have 4 105ah batteries within a few fe...
Keith Birchfield 6

Wiring solar panels together

I have 4 Kyocera 130 panels with each pare wired together. I soldered the positive and negative from each pare together and then...
Jerry Miller 6

Small PV Data Logging

I have a small 47W off-grid PV setup.  I'm using a Doc Wattson DC meter to manually log data about the power generated...
Jonathan Hunt 6

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!