- FEATURED PRODUCTS
- Solar Panels
- Solar Power Systems
- Battery Backup Solar Power Systems
- Puerto Rico Solar Products
- Charge Controllers
- Deep Cycle Batteries
- MORE PRODUCTS
- Cables & Wiring
- Enclosures, Electrical & Safety
- Heat Pump Water Heaters
- Inverter Power Panels
- Lighting & Fans
- Meters, Communications & Site Analysis
- Portable Power Systems
- Refrigerators & Freezers
- Solar Panel Mounts
- Solar Water Pumps
- Voltage Converters
- Wind Turbines
- * Clearance Sale *
Delta LA302R AC Lightning Arrestor, Single Phase (3-Wire)
|Item code||Brand name||Model number|
|DELLA-AC||Delta Lightning Arrestors||LA-302-R|
AC Lightning Arrestor
3 Wire, Single Phase
Rapid response, high current Delta Lightning Arrestors help prevent damage to computers and other electronic equipment. The Delta LA Series handles the big surges, like lightning up to 50,000 amps, passing them harmlessly to the ground.
While it is not possible to achieve 100% protection, Delta units will greatly reduce problems due to lightning, power surges and voltage spikes. The LA302R model for light duty 120-250VAC, single phase systems (three wire service) can be used for applications where two hot wires of a single phase system are to be protected.
- employ a non-conductive base to prevent a blown arrestor from creating a shock hazard
- do not cover adjacent equipment with carbon dust on failing, preventing damage to other equipment
- always fail "clear" to permit continued use of the power system
- are based on a silicon material to provide quicker operation at lower conduction resistance
- will pass a large number of high-energy surges and half-cycle spikes prior to failing
- feature extra long leads to ease installation
- have locknut and bushing furnished
- are available in a variety of voltages or number of poles
LA 302R Specifications
|Rated Voltage||Design Type||Surge Current||Max. Energy||Leads||Enclosure Rating||Dimensions|
|Silicon Oxide Varistor™||100,000 amps||3,000 Joules
|18" #12 THHN||NEMA 4||4.5" Height, 2.25" Diameter|
Here are some tips from the altE staff
- How many lightning arrestors do I need in a solar system?
- Generally you want to put the lightning arrestor as close to the equipment you are trying to protect as possible. We also recommend that any additional equipment more than 60 ft away from the lightning arrestor have an additional lightning arrestor installed.
Good! Easy to install. Affordable.
Can save costly equipment in the
Car accident knocks Hi-Tension lines on home feed
In July, 2006, a car knocked down a power pole supporting Hi-Tension lines and a feeder for homes in my area. At least one high voltage line contacted a lower voltage line feeding my neighborhood. Although I lost (6) light duty surge protectors in my house and two breakers tripped, but my LA 302R...
Read the full review