RE General Discussion

Feel free to talk about anything and everything about renewable energy in this board. From reasons for using alternative energy to general questions on types of systems are right for your needs.

topics

Subject Started by Replies

How Much Electricity Does It Take To Replace Gasoline? Article Link

There is a fascinating article on the Better Place Blog called "How Much Electricity Does It Take To Replace Gasoline?"...
Sh JA 1

how much?

haw much it will cost to install a system for a a/c of 115 volts . 930watts
Roberto V 1

How To Configure For Radiant Heat?

We live on a creek and want to install two micro-hydro generators for our new home.  I should be able to get 5 amps from ea...
Roger Leslie 0

How to make a home made wind generator furling system.

I want to know if anyone out there knows how to make a home made wind generator turn out of the wind when the wind gets to fast.
Nick Dunn 1

How to run a small DC motor??????

Hi!  I'm a solar newbie; I want to run a small DC motor in my attic for ventilation.  The fan specs are:  12...
Joe Bullio 4

how-to book for renewables

Way back when, I built our solar system (I sure like the sound of that) using 'The NEW Solar Home' by Davidson as a gu...
Jim Sluyter 3

Hydro power from 60 foot water falls

I own a 60 ft plus waterfalls I am not sure how to figure out the water flow, it flows year round and was used in the 1800s to s...
Bob Brown 9

hydro-powered turbine

I saw this pic and thought if I could built a small scale hydro-power turbine to experiment with. I basically...
George Lo 24

hydroelectric power system

With all the information and various equipment available for small hydro electric generation- surely someone has installed it in...
Charles Coffing 1

Hydropower

In traditional Hydropower, the force of water flowing downhill is used to power the station's turbines. As of 2006, hydroel...
John Marshall 1

I am a total newbie at this......

I pass by a home/farm that has windmills set up and am interested in an alternative energy souse. We are looking at owning and b...
georgie Schneider 1

i have found the road to safe clean nuclear fusion of water

hello, my name is Solomon- and i fundamentally believe I HAVE FOUND THE ROAD TO SAFE CLEAN NUCLEAR FUSION- I have performed an e...
Solomon Azar 0

I need help Finding AWG #4 cables

Hi guys. I got #12 a few months ago after reading in my Air-X manual that a 24 volt and a length of 30 to 60 ft is good with a A...
Thomas E 3

I need help with the math!

I have just started researching solar panels for my house. We are using 25 KWH on average. I don't know if that is really h...
Kim Nottingham 3

i solved the energy crisis- i dare you to replicate my experiment

Hello, my name is Solomon Azar-   I HAVE FOUND THE...
Solomon Azar 7

I want to buy a small scale solar panel for my house? please help

what would i buy and is it that hard to hook up to my house.  I want to buy a small solar panel and mount it in my back yar...
Wesley Harris 1

I want to invest in renewable energy.

If you're interested in building a renewable energy source, but lack the funds, then post.  I'm looking for someo...
Jason Goatcher 4

I want to run a Servel gas/electric refridgerator off of solor power

Hi all I am new to all this. I have a hunting cabin that I run all lights, heat, stove , fridge off of propane. The fri...
Dan Nichols 2

I was wondering what people thought about verticle wind turbines?

I read an article published in a monthly farmer news paper about a very impresive, but relatively simple verticle wind turbine.&...
Chris Ivers 2

i'd like to talk with someone who has set up an air-x wind turbine

i'm new at the idea and would like to talk to someone who has set this up and has been sucsessfull please let me know if yo...
Doug Rabold 1

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!