RE General Discussion

Feel free to talk about anything and everything about renewable energy in this board. From reasons for using alternative energy to general questions on types of systems are right for your needs.

topics

Subject Started by Replies

Alt-E university courses in Chicago area?

any courses planned within the midwest?
James Johnson 3

Old PowerUp panel compatability?

I would like to increase my charging abilities of my small system. I currently have a PowerUp model #BSP-2012 and want to get an...
James Johnson 7

Solar is a sellers market after all:(

I see that the very same Kyocera KC-40T panel I purchased here not more than 5 months ago has gone up from $245.10 to $278.00!&n...
James Johnson 1

wire size for grounding panels

when grounding panels, should the grounding conductor wire size be sized for the total Isc x 1.3 of all the panels being connect...
James Johnson 9

IronRidge Uni-Gr/01 roof mount

You can add this one to the compatibility list for the Kyocera KC40T panel. I purchase one to try out and it fits very nicely. I...
James Johnson 2

mixing Kyocera modules question

Is it Voc & Vpm that need to match if I were to mix in some larger Kyocera modules with my current KC-40t modules? ...
James Johnson 3

parallel ASC shunt controllers

I want to add a second array to my system and want to know if adding a 2nd ASC shunt controller in parallel to my current one wi...
James Johnson 4

parallel panels via their junction boxes

I currently (3) solar panels and have each individual Kyocera KC-40T panel on it's own wire and it's own breaker hooke...
James Johnson 8

Solar install classes in the Midwest?

I feel like I'm getting close to the edge of learning on my own, with regards to installing a solar power system safely. My...
James Johnson 1

what alt energy source is right for me

i live in south east michigan, and would like to purchase an alt energy system. i would like to run on alt energy with grid powe...
James Lawson 2

Alternative energy for my home.

Hello all I live in northen Michigan.  Ben heating the home with wood about 98 % for the last two years.  And now tha...
James LeMay 6

Evergreen Solar Launches New Line of Solar Panels for the Off-Grid Market

PRESS RELEASE Evergreen Solar Launches New Line of Solar Panels for the Off-Grid Market Features 80, 120, and 125W panel...
James McCandless 1

Help needed for Solar Panel Hot Water system

Hi Everybody, I just bought a house from a bank. It is forclosure. So there are many things we don't know about th...
James Mei 4

What's solar fluid used in my system?

Did you see/have a similar solar system like mine? Please refer the photos in this link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/lmei007...
James Mei 1

Solor water pump for 220 gal. water cistern

Hello, I am the director of an environmental learning center in eastern NC and we have a small off the grid cabin/campground...
James Sasser 7

solar-panel for laptops

i am interested in purcahsing a panel to power my i-book.  can anyone recommend a brand and model?  thanks,jamein
Jamien Shields 1

Economics of Active Solar Space Heating

Most of the solar air heating companies claim paybacks of 3-6 years and reduction in heating bills of $300 - $700 per year, but ...
Janette Dudley 1

Trying to find a car I read about, but I have a bad memory.

Okay, this question isn't about renewable energy, but it does involve the 'Save the Planet' concept, so I'm ...
Jason Goatcher 5

I want to invest in renewable energy.

If you're interested in building a renewable energy source, but lack the funds, then post.  I'm looking for someo...
Jason Goatcher 4

Help with converting some energy used by pool motor to solar

Is there a non-grid tie inverter that I can uses to allow me to patch a solar panel on to the line so that the motor will use bo...
Jason La Porte 6

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!