RE General Discussion

Feel free to talk about anything and everything about renewable energy in this board. From reasons for using alternative energy to general questions on types of systems are right for your needs.

topics

Subject Started by Replies

What do I need to make a simple 12VDC PV pool heater system?

I am new to alternative energy. Call me crazy, but I am thinking I should be able to make a relatively inexpensive pool heating ...
Lee Halverson 2

Sol-R-Beam

I have acquired a Sol-R-Beam water heater and need any technical information available on it.  Does anyone know a resource ...
Linda Bugg 0

What Size System

What Size System Would I Need To Run a 1000 - 1500 watt Stock Tank de-icer virtually 24 hours a day
Linda Stoops 6

what is the cost of uninstalling solar panels compared to installing them?

Hi everyone, I need to find out a ballpark figure for how much it would cost to uninstall a 160 kW solar pv system.  Any id...
Lindsay Miller 4

Best Placement for Generator

We are building off grid and will be using a 10K generator as part of the system. We need help in placement of the generator to ...
Loiuse Mahoney 5

Propane refrigerators

I have a cabin in isolated area of the Sierra Nevada's(off grid) and am looking to put in a propane refrigerator. I see sev...
Lonnie Work 13

thinking about the wind

I live in southern Michigan on a 200 acre farm.  My electric bill says I use around 170 kwh per month.  Can I produce ...
Lucinda Milligan 1

Will the investment have a real return?

I'm a resident of PR and I'm currently paying and average of $0.23/kWh. That includes a somewhat infair cost structure...
Luis Cortes 3

Seimans SR 100 solar panels

I have a option to buy 10 SR 100 panels.  These are new in unopened boxes from the estate of the original owner.  I ca...
Lynn Barnica 2

solar electric fencing??

Hi...I've recently opened an "earth friendly" garden center in Northern Wisconsin and I intend to use a solar electric fencing s...
Lynnann Thomas 3

Wind vs.Solar

I want to build a house on myproperty which is in a very windy area in Texas,(rated as 3-4 wind rating)It is hot in the summeran...
m hill 3

how does it it work

Hi there, I'm new to the whole renewable nrg scene and I'm just starting to study the nitty gritty for the first time....
Malae Johnston 2

simple, cheap, shed system

I have a small storage shed (12' x 16') that I would like to install some lighting in.  It is not feasible to run...
Marc Kerschner 3

RALLY, (you've seen the movie, you know what happens when we say) RALLY

ZEV RALLY July 4, 2008 Declare your Independence from Oil Copy the link spread the word, clear your calendars. Start pl...
Marcia Everett 4

My Solar Project !!! (Questions)

Hi guys i'm new to this and i'm little unsure to some of the concepts on solar panels. I'm looking into buyi...
Marcin Rzeszotko 20

All You Need to Know About Renewable Energy

Hey guys check out these links below they range from Creating your own Renewable Energy to Geothermal Heat Pumps.  All are ...
Mario Campobasso 1

12V LED Lights

Say I have a 35W solar panel connected to a 6A charge controller and (2) 12V Marine Batteries connected in parallel... ...
Mario Niebla 2

energy use in home

is there somewhere out there a house plan that uses all of the natural energy sources -- solor-- wind -- methane gas -- water???...
marion williams 1

Alternative Energy Festivals

I am trying to find out if there are any Alternative Energy shows, expos, or festivals in which i may contact the organizers for...
Mark Kennedy 1

need links for inexpensive home kits

A man I know who owns the land adjacent to mine has just retired and is going to build a simple home to live in for the rest of ...
Mary Mc Donald 2

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!