RE General Discussion

Feel free to talk about anything and everything about renewable energy in this board. From reasons for using alternative energy to general questions on types of systems are right for your needs.

topics

Subject Started by Replies

Renewable energy for farming

I would like to hear more stories of solutions for farmers.   We built a mobile energy cube that could be transported ...
Jason Massey 2

Private Wind Turbine

I am interested in finding some information on building a Vertical Axis Wind Turbines (VAWT) for a future house.  I have no...
Jason Roesler 4

Sodium chloride usage to store 250 kwh/m3 of solar heat.

I have assembled a little system to store 250 kwh/m3 of solar heat. Solar heat is stored through the heat of fusion of the s...
Javier Ramirez 0

MPPT based charger options needed

I would like to know what are the options I have for a MPPT based charger for a PV of 12V (this is fixed) and 80W (this is flexi...
Jaya l 1

Ventilation system for Off Grid house

I'm under construction building an Off Grid, Super insulated house in VT.  I'm trying to find a ventilation (HRV/...
Jean Towns 0

Panel and Inverter Recommendation

I'm not looking to start a relgious war, but I'd love to hear people's thoughts about recommendations on both PV ...
Jeff Butera 3

Solar panels for rent

Has anyone ever heard of a company that rents solar panels by charging for energy used?  This seems like a great idea if it...
Jeff Edwards 9

How can the performance of a solar panel array be tracked?

Does anyone have ideas on how to track solar panel performance over time? One way to track performance is to record the...
Jeff Fedison 0

Batteries

I need some help, I'm going to get 2 Trojan 105 batteries to start off my small off grid system but I'm not sure if I ...
Jeffrey Peterson 6

MPPT Charge Controllers

Hey everyone!  This is the best site out there.  I currently do not have any renewable energy products but I am trying...
Jeffrey Peterson 3

Difference?

Hey I have been watching the prices on the Kyocera KD135GX-LP and noticed they dropped in price!  But I was wondering whats...
Jeffrey Peterson 2

New Possible Solar Technology!

Saw this on Engadget, thought I'd share with you all. http://www.engadget.com/2009/09/17/cornell-gurus-look-to-car...
Jeffrey Peterson 2

Does anyone know about private solar rebates?

Hi everyone, I am thinking about getting solar power for my home in New Jersey. I was originally thinking about doing a...
Jenn Meredith 1

helping hands

I am a student at the Boxelder Job Corp in Nemo, SD. I am applying for the Youth ambassadors program here and one of the applica...
Jennifer Lucero 0

questions about solar powered circulator pump for solar hot water system

I’m planning a new solar evacuated tube hot water system and had a question about the circulator pump, which I’d like to run...
Jerry Klinken 9

Velux hot water system

I'm seriously thinking about going with the Velux hot water system that has just recently been introduced into the US. I�...
Jerry Klinken 6

Winter storage of batteries

This summer I got 4 Deka Gel batteries for a system I will install next year. I have them in an unheated garage - Toronto On...
Jerry Pierson 3

Arc fault detectors

In Ontario we have to install arc fault detectors in any bedroom outlets. I have heard that the DR series Xantex will not le...
Jerry Pierson 3

Magnum controller

Someone quoted a system for me and it consisted of a 2812 e panel,also a MX60controller. He also included a Magnum controlle...
Jerry Pierson 1

Ceiling fan

The log cabin we are building has a cathedral ceiling over the living area. Looking for an energy efficient ceiling fan with...
Jerry Pierson 0

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!