RE General Discussion

Feel free to talk about anything and everything about renewable energy in this board. From reasons for using alternative energy to general questions on types of systems are right for your needs.

topics

Subject Started by Replies

Need help making ethanol!

I need help making an ethanol still and ethanol. Any advice? Specifics I need info on are the simplest still to build, how l...
Justin Quaglia 0

3 years off grid! And............

Thank you very much to everyone who has shown interest in my project.  I tried to give a quick synopsis late last night wit...
Karen E 6

Katie

Does anyone know anything about using radio waves to create electricity. I met someone who claims they use this type of source f...
Katie Kirchner 1

radio waves

Some electrical engineer my husband came in contact with through work said he provides all the electricity for his home through ...
Katie Kirchner 0

During Float Charge - How to use the extra PV power?

I have a 700w PV system that is putting my battery array in to float charge for a couple of hours a day. Other than net...
Keith Birchfield 5

Solar Hot Water - Heat Exchangers

Do any of the retro fit heat exchangers push heat in to the existing tank continuously? By continuously I mean, via a c...
Keith Birchfield 2

Solar Hot Water and Solar Radiant - Costs - Why so much extra for Radiant?

Hello all, I feel like I'm missing something. Why do the kits for hot water + radiant heating cost so dramatically ...
Keith Birchfield 5

Evergreen Solar Panels

Hello, I currently have two Evergreen 170w panels connected directly together in series. http://store.altenergystore.com...
Keith Birchfield 5

Solar Thermal - Adding heat to crawl space

I have a crawl space on a house built about 10 years ago. It is in excellent condition, with very little moisture conce...
Keith Birchfield 8

Solar Thermal Hot Water or Tankless Hot Water

Looking for advice and help deciding on how to proceed. We currently use an electric hot water heater, to provide hot w...
Keith Birchfield 9

Pole Mounted PV Rack - Alternative to sched 40 pipe and general installing quest

I have a top of pole rack that I have not yet done a permanent install http://store.altenergystore.com/Solar-Trackers-Solar...
Keith Birchfield 0

Help! Help! need info on alt. energy source's

We just bought 40 acres in NW Pennsylvania and it is going to cost us a bundle to hook up to the elec. grid (then we have to pay...
Keith C. Gomez 2

A Weekend Cabin System

New to this, need to know what I need to run a water/well pump at a cabin.  The pump is rated at 110V, 13A, 60HZ.  It ...
Kenneth Flore 3

I need help with the math!

I have just started researching solar panels for my house. We are using 25 KWH on average. I don't know if that is really h...
Kim Nottingham 3

PLEASE HELP ME , I am in need of education ASAP ! ! !

I am buying a small acreage in missouri and want to use wind turbines to supply all my electrical needs. I know nothing about th...
Kimberley Miller 7

SOLAR HEAT HOW WELL DOES IT WORK?

I live in North Idaho.  I am interested in adding a solar hot air/heat panel to suppliment my wood heat(perhaps the Solar M...
Kurt Miller 2

New Construction Project

My wife and I are building a house and want it to be completely self-reliant.  We are thinking of windmill and solar panel ...
Larry Amos 20

Basic question about voltage

I known for awhile that to get the most life out of one's batteries, it is best not to discharge them below 12.5 to 12.4 vo...
Lawrence Carroll 10

Hybrid System

We have a bergey XL1 as the start to our system.   being new to this if anyone has any advice do's or dont's...
Lee Butcher 0

charge controller location

I have a 100' cable run between the solar panel and the battery.  Should the controller be placed at one end or the ot...
Lee Gersch 5

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!