New Construction Project

1 Posts
May 4, 2004 09:42 pm
New Construction Project

My wife and I are building a house and want it to be completely self-reliant.  We are thinking of windmill and solar panel combination.  What do you think is the best configuration to go with?

May 5, 2004 07:25 pm
Completely self reliant.

If I understood you correctly, thats a tuff order to fill. But not impossible. Mankind lived that way for at least 5,000 years. Growing thier own vegetables, raising livestock, making thier own bread, building thier home from indiginous materials so forth and so on. They were lucky in a way, they didnt have as many choices as nuclear age mankind has. If they wanted to survive that was the most likely the only way. But in this nuclear age most of the 6 billion human beings on Earth has become a comoditty like so many soy beans or pork bellies, only the purpose is to generate revenues and when one or more humans want to break away from the collective they find themseleves having to deal with not just how to survive as a self reliant individual or individuals, but also with the world they strived to put behind them, or coexist with. The question comes up, can most of 6 billion people be wrong to be so reliant on big industry and behemoth corporations for thier survival? I cant tell anyone if its better to drop a dependencey on something cold turkey or to gradually wean themseleves off of that dependencey, but I can tell you, if you desire a completely self reliant lifestyle you will have to deal with dependenceies brought on by generations of conditioning. Not that long ago, what? 300 years ago give or take a decade, the native Americans lived this way. They didnt know of any other way. They also lived a tribel or comunal life, but they lived from the Earth. Not a work forty hours, pay taxes, buy groceries pay taxes, make the house and car payment pay taxes, etc. etc. and pay taxes. We are born we pay taxes and we die. The point I am trying to make (rather clumsuly) is that to become completely self reliant is very difficult for the indentured servant as well as the the master. They must first be willing to let each other free. You are willing to set yourself free of those that would have you be dependent on them, but are they willing to do the same for you? Or maybe you plan to coexist, a litlle bit of this, a little bit of that, but none of those. Wouldnt this be living in a duallity? Or maybe just compromise's? I sincerely hope that you can find the way and set an example for those in the future to follow. Thomas Schmidt    

9 Posts
May 11, 2004 11:47 am
GRAVITY POWER

A FIRM IN LONDON IS PRODUCING A GRAVITY GENERATOR. IT HAS ALLREADY SOLD SOME UNITS AND WILL BE LAUNCHED IN AUGUST OF THIS YEAR. THE SMALL UNIT IS 10000 VOLTS AND CAN BE COUPLED WITH 3 TO POWER AN AVERAGE HOME

May 24, 2004 06:52 pm
Re: GRAVITY POWER

How about a web site BOBS?

9 Posts
Jun 9, 2004 12:47 pm

>How about a web site BOBS?

Every thing I am reading about this is positive. Let me know what you think.

http://www.environenergy.co.uk/Index.html

29 Posts
Jun 17, 2004 02:21 am

"wonderful" now we have the perpetum mobile from London. Since hundreds of years law of thermodynamics show it's not possible.
The 'forever' spinning wheel was a dream and will remain a dream as friction in pistons, springs, axle etc... will stop it even without turning a generator.
The only commercial usage of storing kinetic energy is pumping water uphill during excess energy and and let it run down to power turbines when power is needed.
------
Good to know each wheel it will produce 10000 Volt !! and 3 wheels will power your house.
The whole thing smells like ripping off some victims.

9 Posts
Jun 17, 2004 08:56 am

Please read what some more open minds think. Things stay impossible as long as minds stay closed. If you will explore the pages further you will find cars that run on h2o. Not possible???

http://freeenergy.greaterthings.com/Directory/GravityMotors/Waranlinc_Wheel/index.html

9 Posts
Jun 17, 2004 09:04 am

Burning water to heat your home...not possible???

http://xogen.ca/

9 Posts
Jun 17, 2004 02:54 pm

By the way Roland the forum is topics in ALTERNATIVE energy.

351 Posts
Jun 17, 2004 08:45 pm

Yes Bobs, the forum is topics in alternative energy.
It is not "pie-in-the-sky" or "sci fi" energy.
Roland is doing a public service by questioning the feasability of this device.

You say they are producing it. No, they may have taken a few orders for it, but they have not delivered any of them to anyone.
The first public showing of the prototype is scheduled for August.
(By the way, the smallest machine is supposed to produce 10,000 watts, not volts)

You posted the site link and asked "what do you think ? ". Roland gave you his opinion. Then you start insulting him because he doesn't agree with you. That is no way to win an argument or settle a difference of opinion. I think that you owe him an apology.

Roland has a higher level of understanding of engineering/scientific principles than most of the people posting to these boards. I am sure that if you had asked him for clarification of his opinion, he would have provided it.

So why don't you explain to us why this device should not be considered perpetual motion ?

29 Posts
Jun 18, 2004 03:01 am

Hi Bobs,
cars running not on water (H2O) but on hydrogen and they take oxygen from the air and burn it to water in a fuelcell. However you first have to put a lot of energy to split water (hydrolyze) into hydrogen and oxygen or alternative you can split hydrogen from fossil fuel (carbon hydrates like methan,propane etc...).
Anyhow you have to input a lot of energy to get hydrogen fuel. THERE IS NEVER A FREE RIDE OF THE  ENERGY BALANCE.
-----------
Since hundreds of years patent offices around the world receive hundres of patent applications for perpetum mobiles - all kind of wheels where balls are moving down on outside diameter (higher torque) and up on the inside near axle (lower torque) and this should keep the wheel spinning, or a spring, piston etc.. wheel.
------------
Would be nice if this principal would work, the world would not need any power plants, no fossil fuel, no OPEC, no global warming and Bobs would be the richest man on earth dwarfing Bill Gates fortunes...   dream on !!

9 Posts
Jun 18, 2004 05:48 am

Sorry Roland I am in the wrong place to be posting, and plan never to visit this page agin. Every one has the right to an openion and I was wrong in my delivery, but I do plan to dream on as it is the only hope for mankind.  

9 Posts
Jun 18, 2004 07:11 am

Hi Roland
Ment to post a link befor and forgot. It's not useing a fuel cell

http://pesn.com/2004/06/10/HydrogenElectricCar/

29 Posts
Jun 21, 2004 08:36 am

When the perpetum mobile as kind of bootstrap yourself out of the mud, would be the only hope of mankind we would really be lost.
-----
Luckyly we have alternative energy resources mainly from the sun without violating mayor laws of physics.
So the hope will rest on clean Energy which is used directly from sun's resource (PV modules, solar heating)or indirectly (wind, hydro, biomass).
Second alternative is Moon's gravity pull e.g. tidal power by runing a turbine during high tide filling huge water reservoir and empty it running thru a turbine during low tide (St Malo in France), in Scotland they experiment with underwater propellor to use tidal current.
------
Your link about the car producing it's own hydrogen from chemical reaction of Alloy with water is very interesting. Also here the Energy balance is following the laws of physic. Secret this time is that Aluminium production needs incredible high amounts of energy (the most electricity consuming industy with very special low energy cost charged) and this energy is just released in the hyrdo car's chemical reaction splitting water.  
==>> So still never a free Energy ride.  

10 Posts
Jul 31, 2004 06:40 pm
Re: New Construction Project

LAST EDITED ON Jul-31-04 AT 06:42 PM (EST)

Just exactly how self-reliant do you want to be?  We have a tax system that guarantees that you cannot be totally self-reliant.  Property taxes are designed to insure that you stay connected to the world system in some way or another.  You have to give them money, or they will fully indoctrinate you into their system.  You could squeeze some from the suckers in this world, but that would make you part of the problem.  You could set up some form of business or labor, but that would make you one of the suckers.

By the way, the last I knew, Kentucky didn't have property taxes.  Maybe there, but who knows how long that will last.  If you come up with something workable, let me know.  If you need encouragement;  VIVA LA REVOLUTION!!

10 Posts
Jul 31, 2004 06:56 pm

LAST EDITED ON Jul-31-04 AT 07:01 PM (EST)

Unfortunately, BOBS, while Roland could use a bit of tact, he is correct.  
The formula for gravity energy is E=m*a*h, where E is energy, m is mass, a is gravitational acceleration, and h is the height to which the mass is lifted.  It is what is known as a conservative system.  That is, the path utilized to get up and down doesn't matter; only the height.  While this is a simplified version of the equation, showing only the static elements, there are non-conservative dynamic elements involved such as friction which make energy losses occur each time something moves.

I do believe that there is a way to get perpetual motion, but this is not it.  I suggest you get a book on Physics (Haliday and Resnick was a good one for me) and upgrade your mathematical skills to at least calculus if you really are interested in these concepts.  It will help you throw out the garbage.  In the mean time, run away from this thing.  You've stumbled on a huckster who should be strung up.

I personally worked on a concept of the exact same nature when I was a freshman in high school, but finally came away with the understanding that this thing couldn't work.  By the way...does anyone know how the stupid dipping birds work?  They have fascinated and baffled me for quite some time now.

1 Posts
Aug 15, 2004 12:54 pm
Commercially viable alternative enery

Greetings.  This arena is new to me.  After reading several postings I thought I would cut to the chase and ask if there are excellent alternative energy commercially viable options to invest in?  If you could also e-mail me at steve @ honestmoneygroup.com I would appreciate it.  Cheers, Steve

9 Posts
Aug 21, 2004 03:53 pm
GRAVITY POWER

Glad to see some one noticed the lack of tact. Not something I was going to market, just thought it interesting. The launch is in 4 days.I know I said I would not post agin, but will return on the 25th to say I am sorry, or ask Roland to.

Aug 22, 2004 06:11 am

At a glance I see a lot of intricate mechanisms that would need very precise calibrations as well as lubrication. I did not see any torque or horsepower in relation to rpm readings. I believe that the wheel will indeed keep itself spinning longer than any conventional wheel.
With the aid of magnetic fields instead of lubrication and placing the wheel in a vacuum, this would assist the longevity of the wheels time at spin and its overall time between overhauls.
Marry a bank of these wheels to a super cooled generator and there might actully be something to it. It would seem that "stacking" several of the wheels would be the only way to increase torque and horsepower. Perhaps a large steel flywheel to assist when heavy loads are applied to the generator.
Very intricate.
?Torque and Horsepower at RPM's?
?Whats the scale of this wheel?
None of the answers to these questions was made clear to me from the web site, at a glance.

I think mankinds obsession with energy is a farce. We are being conditioned by those that would have us perpetuate generation of revenues, to precieve of a world, not of a natural order but instead one of a "man made" order. A humanistic world in place of a world of humans and other creatures.
Mankind lived without all of these new world energies for well over 7,000 years. What have these energies really brought? An increase in the rate of increase in global human population? Destruction of the enviroment as well as devestation of natural resources? Not by desire for these things of course, but by the shear number of people alone. I would tend to believe that, no matter what convictions one may hold about the creation of the planet Earth and all the life on it, the Earth cannot support such an unbalance indefinitely. The planet Earth will correct itself, oblivious to those creatures that live on it. I guess we wont know for sure until the end. Will I see you there?  

9 Posts
Aug 27, 2004 08:06 am
STERLING ENGINE

ok so it's a scam..i am a fool.What do you think about this???
http://www.whispergen.com/

20 Posts
Aug 27, 2004 08:19 pm
Re: STERLING ENGINE

That whispergen site has been up for years.  I have yet to see one in person.  From what I can gather they are more common in places other then the U.S., and they were having trouble getting UL approval or something along those lines.

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!