Technical Discussion: Other

Have a technical RE question that doesn't fit in our other categories? Looking for some specific advice from others in the RE community? Ask it here!

topics

Subject Started by Replies

Drainback vs closed loop antifreeze

I plan to heat a shop space w/ solar hot water.  Heat and heat-storage will be via radiant slab.  The space is very we...
Steve Ostrander 6

24 volt panels to charge 12 volt battries

Hi All I have some 24 volt panels that put out almost 26 volts. My first question is would this be to high to charge a 12 vo...
Steve M 11

Wire for connecting panels to controller

Quick question, what is the best type of wire to use to connect panels to the charge controller? Solid wire or multi-s...
Steve M 2

Connecting batteries up

Here's what I have, 5 x 110Ah batteries connected plus to plus and minus to minus - keeping the bank at 12V. &...
Steve M 16

What size battery bank for large Inverter?

I have a 550Ah battery bank with a 5-10K watt inverter, is the battery bank big enough to power the inverter? I'm ...
Steve M 2

Pole mounted Panels

Hi When pole mounting panels, is it best to mount them close together or leaving a space between each? Also can I s...
Steve M 3

Panel to converter in-line fuse size?

Questions guys, what is the best size fuse to put between the panels and the charge controller? Does it matter as long ...
Steve M 5

Battery Bank Configuration - Wiring

I have 12 x 110 Ah batteries @ 12 volt, I'm experience voltage drops with small loads on the inverter. What is the...
Steve M 8

Panels to Battery Bank

I have been given four 50 watt Kyocera panels and 3 four volt Surette batteries. The best sun is 150 feet away from storage buil...
Steve McGowan 1

Beginner questions...want to start small.

Hi all, I'm new here, and just wanting to start dabbling in solar/battery backup applications. I figure m...
Steve H 7

solar light conversion for electric outdoor light fixture

Does anyone know where to find the hardware or a kit for solar light conversion? thanks.
Steve Hi 1

Load controller function

I have a BlueSky charge controller with a 25amp load controller function. What is this used for and should I have it connected?
Steve Dovel 2

problems with onan microquiet lp generator

I recently purchased an onan microquiet 3600 watt generator.  I have a trace 1500w inverter with battery charger.  My ...
Steve Danielovich 9

Wiring a Breaker Box

I'm setting up a small system and have a couple of questions I'm hoping someone can help me out with.  I'll ...
Stephen Hagerman 2

PV panel combiner boxes

I have a question regarding the practice of daisy chaining PV panels together.  I recently read an article online...
Stephen Hagerman 1

DC-GFP Installation

I'm finally wiring up my breaker box and have a question regarding the GFP.  One end of the .5A breaker goes to ground...
Stephen Hagerman 3

Adding wind power to a solar system

Hello, I'm thinking of adding a small wind turbine to an existing solar system (off grid with a battery bank).&nbs...
Stephen Hagerman 3

Combining Sharp 224w panels

Hello; I have 2 Sharp 224w panels that I want to combine voltage on.  Can someone advise me on what I can use for ...
Stephen Hagerman 1

What is the Best Battery Size?

I have the AirX 400W 12VDC Wind Turbine and a 2500W Inverter. What is the best size battery to use in between the two? I could a...
Stephen Cord 2

What MPPT???

Aboard my sailboat I have one 130W PV panel and three Rolls 4-D batteries, 185 AH each. I may add another 130W PV panel. What si...
Stephen Brown 1

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!