Technical Discussion: Other

Have a technical RE question that doesn't fit in our other categories? Looking for some specific advice from others in the RE community? Ask it here!

topics

Subject Started by Replies

Problem with Trace C-60 charge controller.

Has anyone else every had a problem with the "Over-temperature protection for electronic circuitry" (Installation and ...
Thomas Allen Schmidt 4

Solar Powered DC Water Pump

Hello, I will be traveling to Mina Nigeria next month to replace a gas powered water pump used for irrigation. Here is the scena...
Terry Lewis 3

how many amp hours is a car battery

hiabout how many amp hours is a car battery???and can i use a car battery or 2 with a inverter to run a celling fan ( about 17 w...
Terry 2

Permanent Magnet Alternators

does any one know where to get a Permanent Magnet Alternator or motor cheap??? i need to ues it with a small engine ( 3 to 5 HP ...
Terry 3

Considering Solar/Wind systems

I live in the upper midwest and am considering solar/wind systems to help heat/cool my home.  I am unsure how to proceed. &...
Terri Ayers 2

A solar panel system that will not go down.

Hi everyone,  I was hoping somone can give me some feedback.  I need to design a solar system that will provide electr...
Terence Liu 1

Newbie soldering issue

Hi - I am trying to solder some 3 x 2 1/4 solar cells as described in a recent issue of MAKE - thank you Parker Jardine. After I...
Ted Stevens 0

Battery size calculation based on insolation and load

How to find the size of the battery ie., based on load or based on the solar insolation. If i hav a laod requireme...
Tech Guy 1

How to find the tilt factor for a given tilt angle

Hi all!!!! I want to find the radiation on a tilted module. to find that i need to multiply radiation on horizontal sur...
Tech Guy 3

Controller for operating loads both with solar and ordinary power

Hi all! Can I operate my loads by using both solar and grid power at a time? That means if my load require 500...
Tech Guy 9

Combining Grid power and solar power

Hi, I want to install a solar PV system along with grid power such that when there is a deficit of solar energy, I has ...
Tech Guy 8

Is charge controller available for 120V DC system?

Hi all, My system voltage for the Solar PV sytem is 120V. I chose this voltage because of the inverter which h...
Tech Guy 9

Freetricity.com

« 1 2 ... 7 8 »
Since I am interested in alternative energy sources, I looked into freetricity.com. I called them and the salesman I spoke to sa...
Sue Smith 229

Solar Charge Controllers - Is one made with standard "SAE connector" in & out??

Greetings, I'm a newbie to all this, so please bear with me. I just ordered a Global Solar Accessory Kit from Alte...
Steven Silva 9

Energy draw switch

I own a small island in Canada that isn't connected to the grid. About 3 years ago we got our first renewable power, a simp...
Steven Messer 11

Batteries don't seem to hold a charge

Early this summer, I came across 6 Caterpillar Batteries. They are all 12v Deep Cell 100Ah 750ccA batteries. I already had 4...
Steven Messer 3

Best tradeoff for panel placement on an RV

I just bought a BP 75W panel and Solar Boost 2000E controller for a small (22') trailer.  The battery is at the front. &nbs...
Steve Zalewski 1

Can I use......

Hello all! I am wondering if I can use some spare UPS style batteries that I have on hand (eg. SLA 12-12AH @ 3.6A & SLA...
Steve Wingfield 6

Hey Folks

I have just recieved (3) 4 volt 400 amp. hr. batteries to connect in series for a 12 volt system. I am new to this so here goes,...
Steve Serge 1

micro turbine

Conceptually, would it be possible/economical to generate electricity from a large irrigation system.I have a 3" water main (pur...
Steve Rhodes 10

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!