RE General Discussion

Feel free to talk about anything and everything about renewable energy in this board. From reasons for using alternative energy to general questions on types of systems are right for your needs.

topics

Subject Started by Replies

so totally new to alternative energy

I am reading on ine here and ther trying to determine what can i do to use some solar and some wind, perhaps wter too. We get ab...
Dave P 0

Sodium chloride usage to store 250 kwh/m3 of solar heat.

I have assembled a little system to store 250 kwh/m3 of solar heat. Solar heat is stored through the heat of fusion of the s...
Javier Ramirez 0

Sol-R-Beam

I have acquired a Sol-R-Beam water heater and need any technical information available on it.  Does anyone know a resource ...
Linda Bugg 0

Sol-R-Beam Water Heater

Help! We are looking to repair a Sol-R-Beam water heater that was installed in 1985. It looks like a pretty straight forwartd re...
Richard Tuttle 3

Solar Absorber Coatings

I am doing my PhD in solar absorber coatings to be used in parabolic trough coleectors of solar thermal power plants. I want to ...
Muhammad Sana Ullah Khan 0

Solar Air Conditioners???

Air-conditioning accounts for the major portion of my electricity usage during the summer months. Since evaporative cooling is i...
John B 8

Solar Chicken Coop

I am building a chicken coop in northern New Mexico, it will be fairly efficient; straw bale walls minimal windows E and W a goo...
Dylan Moore 5

solar electric fencing??

Hi...I've recently opened an "earth friendly" garden center in Northern Wisconsin and I intend to use a solar electric fencing s...
Lynnann Thomas 3

SOLAR ENERGY BANK

i have a small resort hotel on the caribbean coast of mexico(playa del carmen, quintana roo).  I am giving a presentation t...
rick jones 2

Solar Generator

Hey all i am a true newbie. I am still in college and am interested in seeing if i can build a solar generator for cheep that co...
Natalie Cramer 7

SOLAR HEAT HOW WELL DOES IT WORK?

I live in North Idaho.  I am interested in adding a solar hot air/heat panel to suppliment my wood heat(perhaps the Solar M...
Kurt Miller 2

Solar heat pump

I'm looking for people who would be interested in a solar powered heat pump for their home. This would work similar to a co...
John E 8

Solar Hot Water - Heat Exchangers

Do any of the retro fit heat exchangers push heat in to the existing tank continuously? By continuously I mean, via a c...
Keith Birchfield 2

Solar Hot Water and Solar Radiant - Costs - Why so much extra for Radiant?

Hello all, I feel like I'm missing something. Why do the kits for hot water + radiant heating cost so dramatically ...
Keith Birchfield 5

solar hot water heat

I have a huge old house with radiators in every room.  I have never used the old oil furnace attached to them.  I am i...
ellen stacy 2

Solar hot water heater

Has anyone installed a solar hot water heater? If so, how do you like it? Is it reliable? How is maintenance on it? What about i...
Daniel Burstein 4

solar in midwest

is solar a worth wile investment for northern south east michigan? im moveing to around imlay city and was thinking of going on ...
Roger Malasky 3

Solar install classes in the Midwest?

I feel like I'm getting close to the edge of learning on my own, with regards to installing a solar power system safely. My...
James Johnson 1

Solar is a sellers market after all:(

I see that the very same Kyocera KC-40T panel I purchased here not more than 5 months ago has gone up from $245.10 to $278.00!&n...
James Johnson 1

solar panel

i need to make 50 kwh per day what do i need?
Danny Boudreaux 5

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!